Which are some of the most original and creative mechanics you have seen in a mod?

Moderator: Solethria

BlackDouglasOK

Which are some of the most original and creative mechanics you have seen in a mod?

Post by BlackDouglasOK » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:47 am

Like unit/hero abilities, spellbook powers and upgrades
For example in vanilla BFMEs I would say that stuff like elrond restoration/hour of WK, dissent, wild walk, wolf devour, snow bind/freeze soul, CaH disguise, attach spy, scorched land and silverthorn arrows are unique stuff compared to things like blademaster, dread visage, inspire terror/fear, leadership, summon troops or heavy armor/forged blades/banner carriers.

Lostir

Re: Which are some of the most original and creative mechanics you have seen in a mod?

Post by Lostir » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:39 am

Im sorry if i am only listening Edain things, because i have mainly played edain and it is so far my favourite mod and where I saw a lot of unique things compared to other mods I played.

Gulzar is able to steal an ability from an enemy hero.
There are heroes change their weapon on stance change.
Denthors attacks are spawned soldiers.
Thranduil can shield himself from damage.
An ability where you throw a weapon and have to collect it before using it again.
The ravens of the dwarves which you command via the spellbook and will move over the map.
Sauron levels by quests.
The Scholars of Rivendell which had an ability that gave you sepllpoints and where the only way to gain some.
Glrofindel sacrificing himself to kill and enemy hero.
A hero where you have to pay money to use the abilities.
A hero whos abilities change depending on his health.
Rohans camp spellbook spell which summons a camp which permanently recruits rohirrim.
The radagast spellbook spell, where you have to choose 1 of 3 effects.
The druedain spellbook spell, which duration is reduced by the number of druedain statues.
A heroes being able to enter the forge and smith a new weapon for a hero.
Saruman has different abilities if he is on the Orthanc.