Resource Building Ideas

Moderator: Solethria

MrGreen

Resource Building Ideas

Post by MrGreen » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:51 am

In the last video you asked for ideas for resource buildings. In my opinion, it was always a bit annoying to see crops growing and harvesting immediately, too. So these are my ideas.
1. Mill: This would also maintain the Men's agraic style of resource gaining.
2. Forge: It could be equipped with an anvil, a grindstone and of course a coal stove with a chimney.
3. Coal mill: My least favorite idea.

Lostir

Re: Resource Building Ideas

Post by Lostir » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:55 pm

I like the mill. It fits really well.
What about a farm with animals instead of crops.
An orchard with Apple or other trees.
What about miner camp?
Forge is ok, but it isn't really a building that should be build everywhere.

MrGreen

Post by MrGreen » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:02 am

Yes, seeing a forge everywhere is probably not so good. I really like the orchard idea.
Maybe there could be a mix of different tree species. Either some consist only of chestnuts, apples, walnuts or pears or you could mix them within one orchard. With one or a maximum of two guys constantly harvesting and switching between the trees.
To make it more game responsive, you could put a fence around the trees and put up a few ladders, which can be damaged by enemy attacks, so that not only the trees would break.

batyu

Post by batyu » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:36 pm

Nice Ideas!
I think all faction need a little different resource building system. It would spice up the gameplay.
My Ideas for diversion:

Goblins: - lairs cost less (150), produce less, but also has smaller radius -> you have to spam them , I wouldnt give them woodcutters, but getting constant resources after killing enemies i think should be a racial passive, or upgrade/power

Elves - Mallorn trees , cost 0, your builder plant the tree (short time), but also takes time to grow (longer time) /while growing it doesnt give you resources/, Malorn tress produce bonus resources if planted close to nearby trees, LVL 3 trees gives invisibility to units (like forests), You can only have 5 mallorn trees at once. (this can get an upgrade/power to put it to 10 trees), Your builder can also plant forrest anywhere on the map.

Men - Farms works as usual , but you can build a Mill which gives you resources based on how many farming area are in its radius.

Dwarves - Tunnels should be more expensive (500?) have twice as big radius as normal, they give you more res, and have bigger health than normal, they can also be upgraded to next levels manualy for money as well. They can get to level 5. They could have a new building called Treassury which if stands gives you 10% of you total resources every minute (intrest).
Also dwarven passive, if you reach 10000 gold, one of your tunnels explodes, and a Balrog is summoned which start attacking everyone around him.

Mordor - Same as bfme2 but there is a upgrade/power you destruct ennemy buildings you get small portion of res

Isengard - Same as bfme 2 but your builder can burn down forrests, which give you (night) temporarly (attack bonus)