Units behaviour in combat

Moderator: Solethria

Shadewish

Units behaviour in combat

Post by Shadewish » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:37 pm

Hello

First of all I'd like to say a huge thank you for making my dream come true. What's you guys are doing is something i had in mind for about 10 years of playing BFME. Take your time , no rush I can wait another 10 years just to see it right.

Now, what I would like to know is.

Well, playing BFME on that ancient engine was always somehow annoying experience. What bothers me most that when we build few hordes of units, there is a big waste of time for units which are behind of front flank.Things are getting ugly when we got like +5 hordes trying to fight with enemy and all those from the back are just walking a trying to figure out how to attack. Now, I understand that in real war fights or movies it's similar that first flesh from the front gets hit hardest, yet i would like to know. Are you going to use some more condense system of fighting for horde units, it would feel much more better and enjoyable to click attack and see how a one horde is able to at least spread a bit so they can attack with their full power. Thing's are getting really nasty in big battles, while we have few houndred units and 80% of them are not fighting , just moving around trying to find path. Archers got easier in that one. But soldiers are having big trouble in here.

Kind Regards and again, good work my gosh I love it !
Chris

Lostir

Re: Units behaviour in combat

Post by Lostir » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:35 pm

I believe that was mainly due to the engine. So with a better engine it will probably work a lot better in reforged.

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:05 pm

Sorry for the late response. First of all welcome to the forum!

Indeed, this is part of the reason why it is good that we have a new engine and something the team wants to address. We would love to implement realistic collision, in fact we have to some degree already. Though we are actually discussing and thoroughly thinking over how we want the final design for the unit movement/collision/formation to be in the coming month(s).

So, we are working on it! :D
Forum Moderator

Shadewish

Post by Shadewish » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:15 pm

that's so good to hear. Can't wait to play it. Thanks