Pippin

Moderator: Solethria

WerewolfMoonHunter

Pippin

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:57 pm

Hello.
After really long break I decited to back and try to create new abillityes for heros. This time I decited to try create new skills for Pippin. In my idea, I assume that Pippin will be regular hero for Gondor (or People of the West) fraction. I was thinking about him as kind of scout with fighting and support skills.
Please. Read my ideas and write at comments what do you thing about it.

Pippin:

1. Level 1: Throw rocks/Sword mode- Pippin can toggle between throwing rocks and close melee attack.

2. Level 1: Elven Cloak- Pippin becomes invisible when standing still.

3. Level 3: Descendant of Tooks- Pippin was born in Took famili which have a lot of respect in Shire, and have big leadership skills. Pippin gets +25% to his armor and ally units have fear resistance. (passive abillyty)

4. Level 5: Elven dagger- Pippin get from Galadriel elven dagger, which should not only help him at fight but fill his heart with hope and courage. Pippin gets +50% to his attacks for 30 sec.

5. Level 7: Oath before Steward- Pippin wanted to pay off the debt of life to Boromir. Thats why he takes the oath befor Denethor. After that, Pippin become Guard of the Citadel. Pippin will get new skills.

Pippin: Guard of the Citadel:

1. Level 1: Guard of the Citadel- Pippin, after he took oath befor Denethor, became one of the Gurads of the Citadel, and he join to the elite forces of Gondor. Pippin gets new armor and weapon. He gets +50% to attack and to armor. Ally heros near him will get exp. 25% faster. (passive abillty)

2. Level 1: Throw rocks/Sword mode- Pippin can toggle between throwing rocks and close melee attack.

3. Level 3: Unwavering loyalty- Pippin remained loyal to his friends, despite great army of Mordor or Denthor's wrath. Choosen ally hero retake 100% of his hp and is immune for any dmg by next 10 sec.

4. Level 5: Troll Slayer- Pippin, at the battle near Black Gate, slain one of the Olog-hai. He was firt hobbit which did something like that. Pippin make double dmg. against enemy monsters and beasts. (passive abillity)

5. Level 7: Thain of Shire- After the War for the Ring and after removing Saruman forces from Shire, Pippin inherited the title of Thain of Shire. He was fulfilling his new duties perfectly and he contributed in rebuilding Shire. Ally buildings will repair themselfs 25% faster. Economic buildings will produce 15% more resources. Heros in ally fortress will be 15% cheeper. (passive abillity)

Thats all. Thank you for reading. Sorry form my english. I hope so you like my ideas. Write what you think in comments.

BlackDouglasOK

Re: Pippin

Post by BlackDouglasOK » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:17 am

Idk, its to OP, if the hobbits make their way as recruitable heroes in the game they should be scouts and a weird underrated abilities for Merry and Pippin (subtle themes). I would like them able to ride with men horsemen heroes, that was a characteristic not implement in the first game
I suggest to do not stack so many benefits (buffs nearby allies, reduce price, increase armor) in a skill, it makes them loss a focus, for example Troll Slayer being an active ability that scalar the damage against Trolls and you can give Merry a scalar ability against Mumaks and and now you could have two strategic decisions in a faction (but I think you would like Merry in a Rohan faction...) instead on one to go ability
And don't say "sorry for my English"

WerewolfMoonHunter

Re: Pippin

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:35 pm

BlackDouglasOK wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:17 am
Idk, its to OP, if the hobbits make their way as recruitable heroes in the game they should be scouts and a weird underrated abilities for Merry and Pippin (subtle themes). I would like them able to ride with men horsemen heroes, that was a characteristic not implement in the first game
I suggest to do not stack so many benefits (buffs nearby allies, reduce price, increase armor) in a skill, it makes them loss a focus, for example Troll Slayer being an active ability that scalar the damage against Trolls and you can give Merry a scalar ability against Mumaks and and now you could have two strategic decisions in a faction (but I think you would like Merry in a Rohan faction...) instead on one to go ability
And don't say "sorry for my English"
At first: thank you for comment.
Other thing: I know hwat you mean and I agree that I could do him a bit OP. Especialy that he is an hobbit. But here I was trying to break some kind of rule which we have here since oryginal game, that hobbits are weak and mostly useless. Pippin for example, okay he made some trobules at the journey but he had moments wher he was as useful as regular hero. For example he saved Faramir at the Battle for Minas Thirit, he killed Olog-hai near the Black Gate and he take active role at removing Saruman from Shire. So I wanted to show his book/movie deeds as skills.
About Merry. Yes. I want him as a regular Rohan hero becouse I think that Gondor and Rohan shouldn't be one fraction. And about his anti-mumakil skill. This wouldn't siut becouse Merry didn't kill any Mumakil alone (I think so. I don't remember whol book so good). Faster I would give him skills against Nazguls and ghosts. Problem is that ther was something like this in one of the MOD for BFMEII. Even giving Pippin ant-troll skill was a bit risky for me becouse I hear the comments that I'm just copy skills form Edain Mod.