Translation

Help translate the game to other languages or give a character a voice-over.

Moderator: Solethria

Maroni
Site Admin

Translation

Post by Maroni » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:08 pm

Hi folks!

As you may know we intend for the game to be available in multiple languages. For this we need the help of the community! To prepare for this process we decided to make this application form, since we get a lot of offers for help in localization and thus need to make a selection. If accepted, you will be contacted once the team is ready for the translation phase. This will be before the open beta starts.

Make sure you've read the following requirements!

- Make sure you have (e-mail) notifications for PM (private messages) on the forum active. This will be our way of contacting you when the time comes.

- You must know & understand both the language you'll be translating & english well, since this will be the language you will be translating from.

- To the best of your knowledge, you have time to spare to help us with translating. You will possibly work together with multiple translators.

Please follow the following format when applying!

1) What language(s) would you be able to translate for us?

2) Tell us why you would be a good translator
(Native language / translator background / affinity with writing text / etc.)

Many thanks to the community!

- BFME: Reforged team

Lostir

Re: Translation

Post by Lostir » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:52 am

1) German
2) I already helped a bit when Edain was translated into English, so I know how the BfME texts look like. And the other way around should be easier.

I just can't say how much time I will actually have.

Edit:
I don't really know why the English skills matter, as we are translating the game from English into our native languages. But if everyone else does it, why not.

I had a 4 week internship at BOC in England and a 2 week internship at the CERN. Moreover, I wrote all my thesises at university in English.
Last edited by Lostir on Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Swapper

Post by Swapper » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:39 pm

1) French
2) Obviously it's my native language, unfortunately i don't have any experiences in translating but if i can help i'm there !

C0r1nd0n

Post by C0r1nd0n » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:49 pm

1) French
2) I'm a native French and I have a good level of English, I'm a member of two scantrad team, Ajia no Scantrad and Ryozanpaku, which are 2 teams of scan translation, I've done quite a lot of translated chapters for both of them with the name of Hadrian. So I already have a good level for translating text from English to French. With that said, hope to see you on the battlefields across Middle-Earth.

Dengo

Post by Dengo » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:09 pm

1) Polish
2) I'm native Polish, since i'm learning english for about 9 years and I think that i can help with translation from english to polish. I saw that a lot of polish people are intrested in BFME 2 reforged so am I, And most importantly i wanna add my part to finishing this project and this game :) soo nothing forced, just ambitions and honest work.

MaxPower

Post by MaxPower » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:20 pm

Hi!
1. Spanish native speaker
2. I am fluent in both Spanish and English, and have experience writing in both (since I have studied and made research projects at university level in both languages). I have a little experience translating although not professionally, and will have time available to help. Also, I have played different versions of the game in both languages, so I am familiar with the appropiate words and expressions.
Thanks for the amazing work, I will be happy to help if you need me :D
MaxPower

ManofSuper

Post by ManofSuper » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:26 pm

1. German
2. I'm native German and learn English since I'm in school, I speak both languages fluently and write them without mistakes, so I think I could really help with translating the game.

AColdPint

Post by AColdPint » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:46 pm

1) Romanian.
2) I have no prior experience with official translation. I have a good knowledge of game terms in both my language and english, a fluent understading of english( Proficiency-C2 level of english by Cambridge Language Assesment terms), and a willigness to help. I am familiar with the translation of english expressions in my native language.

BlackDouglasOK

Post by BlackDouglasOK » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:45 pm

1) Spanish
2) My native language, I understand English very well and I have good knowledge of the Middle Earth, the trilogies and the BFME games.
Last edited by BlackDouglasOK on Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AvY

Post by AvY » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:00 pm

1) Polish
2) Polish is my native language and I am fluent in English. I have lived in the UK for 14 years and I have a Polish GCSE and A-level. In the A-level I had to translate multiple texts from English to Polish but also Polish to English. I have good knowledge of Middle Earth and it's characters and I'm a big fan ! I want to give my two cents cents to this project and help out.

Keep up the great work !