War of The Ring.

Moderator: Solethria

trafford28

War of The Ring.

Post by trafford28 » Sun May 12, 2019 11:54 pm

Ill get right to the chase here!
Is there any plan at all to revive the incredible game mode war of the ring? The War scenario game with multiplayer of trying to conquest for the allies or the forces of Mordor.
Me and my friend would spend days at a time on a single game, taking control of the map and building forts and garrisons to keep them safe then entering real time battle to duke it out in a 2 player allied battle.
It was incredible and I have never experienced anything quite like it! I hope there is some plan to stretch this to the reforge?

Solethria

Re: War of The Ring.

Post by Solethria » Mon May 13, 2019 7:21 am

Hi, welcome to the forum.

This is what is written in the FAQ:
Will there be a war of the ring mode?

We love to make a new and extended map of Middle Earth and add new missions, but at the moment we are focused on creating the classic multiplayer first. War of the ring is not part of the initial roadmap.
Basically, when the core of the game is finished, a very ambitious and time consuming task, this might be something that the team will work on next. That is talk for the future though.
Forum Moderator

Josh Robbins

Re: War of The Ring.

Post by Josh Robbins » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:49 pm

I would love this as well but it would be hard to make, I'm surprised the game developers decided to make it because it seems different to the main game.
When the game comes out though, many people will hopefully leave comments about the gameplay and the balancing issues are resolved asap so they can start early!