Moderator: Solethria

BlackDouglasOK

Re: Shelob

Post by BlackDouglasOK » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:05 pm

WerewolfMoonHunter wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:41 pm
BlackDouglasOK wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:52 pm
I think the original skills were good, maybe better to organize them and add one:
Lv1. Poison Stinger: Stuns and do damage, plus poison effect, she is spidey so her first attack should be this one.
Lv2. Webs: Her signature skill, stunt all the enemy units within the attack radius for a limited time.
Lv4. Tunnel: Another signature skill I think.
Lv7. Instill
Lv.1- It's pretty strong skill, and I don't think so it should be as first one
lv.2- Pretty simmilar to my idea
Lv.4- the same as mine
Lv7- Can you explain me this skill?
Is not from your ideas, its from the original game...
Your ideas also make her control and benefit other spiders, this does not match her lonely and predatory attitude.

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:54 pm

BlackDouglasOK wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:05 pm

Your ideas also make her control and benefit other spiders, this does not match her lonely and predatory attitude.
If we would take her lonely and predatory attidude she shouldn't be in the goblin faction at all, as she was somewhere completly different than the rest of the faction. The only reason why she is part of the faction is because she is also a spider, so interactions with spiders are ok in my opinion.

BlackDouglasOK

Post by BlackDouglasOK » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:55 pm

Lostir wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:54 pm
BlackDouglasOK wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:05 pm

If we would take her lonely and predatory attidude she shouldn't be in the goblin faction at all, as she was somewhere completly different than the rest of the faction. The only reason why she is part of the faction is because she is also a spider, so interactions with spiders are ok in my opinion.
To begin with, if it is doubtful that she is in the faction of the goblins ...
But she is and not every hero should have the typical passive skill of leadership + X% to something.
Drogoth (a fictitious dragon, would prefer to Smaug or Gostir) then should give + X% dmg to the minidragons (fictitious too).
To begin with, its needed the ability to interact friendly with someone, not to mention charisma, experience and status.
Aragorn for example is an 80 years ranger capitain and the rightfull heir of Gondor.

Josh Robbins

Post by Josh Robbins » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:33 pm

Shelob needs to have her characteristics of being a lone hunters and a trap setter while also being able to take down a single unit effectively and lose to a horde of units.

1. Level 1- Shelob is independent.. she should not get any skills from groups of enemies. The Passive ability should be that whenever she walks through forests, it turns them into webbed forests to slow down units. She should also be stealthed when inside a webbed forest. Not only will this create a great late game defensive strategy but can set up well made maps using forests to her advantage like Mirkwood. Also it might make it beneficial to move about in Isengards forest to make it harder for them to cut down trees.

2. Level 2- Terror of fear is a great concept and would work well. But again you need to complement what she was like in the movies, most of the time Orks only feared when they were near her lair. So make it that she can go through tunnel networks or upgrade the goblins mines to be webbed mines and units get slowed near them.. this will make her a late game defensive creature allowing for the enemy units to have to use siege against the mines instead of quickly rushing with horses.

3. Level 4- I guess the tunnel could relate back to making the mines webbed.. then you could have a passive ability here that allows her to pass through the mines now? I'm not quite sure on this one as the ability to pass across territory with a burrow ability does not make her defensive unless you set it up that she can only tunnel back to a structure.

4. Level 6- This could be a buff for the webbed forest or even an ability that creates webbed forests to conceal our own creatures as well. Or even the ability to see through fog of war along her web as long as she is touching her web and it is connected without break.

5. Level 8- Yes this I agree with but the stinger definitely should be level 1, as being able to sting your hero's is a must.