ElKuki98

Tower defense?

Post by ElKuki98 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:52 am

Is the mod tower defense planed? :D

Best regards

Lorold

Re: Tower defense?

Post by Lorold » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:21 pm

This question would interest me too. I would be happy if something like that is implemented over time :D

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:52 pm

This is fan project to make the whole game. It will be long time before we will see any mods for it

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:12 pm

If there is a possibility to create custom maps with map.ini, I'd like to create some tower defenses myself somewhere in the future, as I have already created some in the past for BfME.

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:50 pm

This currently is not part of the initial development roadmap. We've adressed this in the FAQ + Roadmap topic:
Will there be a Worldbuilder?
We haven’t put much thought into this yet so we don’t want to promise or talk about anything that we might not eventually create.
Will there be modding?
Mods would mean the fragmentation of the game. This weakens the community and we want it to be big, strong and unified so it will be possible to find games at any time. Because of this reason, we will not add mod support initially. Mod support might be added once the game is complete (so this is talk for the future). But it might be that they will have to be approved. Remember also that modding won't be anything like on the BFME games. The skill level will need to be high. BFME: Reforged is aiming to combine the best of both worlds anyways, meaning that what made the main games good in combination with new additions and updates overtime.
Forum Moderator

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:58 am

Yes, therefore I wrote if.

ElKuki98

Post by ElKuki98 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:22 am

All right, apparently I'm not the only one who loved this mod. Yeah we will see with the team but it was very popular, so hopfully it will take place in the future.