FAQ + Roadmap

Contains all available information about the game’s progress

Moderator: Solethria

BfmeReforged
Site Admin

Re: The Ultimate FAQ Thread

Post by BfmeReforged » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:25 pm

Hi!
First of all, thank you for your kind support! Here's what we can tell you , answering your question: the most early closed beta-testing will be purely technical, it won't be any enjoyable to common people, as it will be the place for the balance creation, bugs fix, the whole game will look weird. That's why the beta closed testing will be available only for those who understand how games are made or who at least was involved in patches creation. Remember that we are making the game from nothing, 0, this is something of grand scale and bugs are inevitable.
However after the closed beta test we will fix those crude bugs and launch a public beta test, available to all. We can't sell anything, the project is non-commercial and all we can do is just say "Thank you!" to those who donated and personally invite them, but the playable beta will be available to all.

There is one more issue about the game server. Currently we can't afford purchasing one, that's why we are going to rent a server in Europe for 1-2 months when the beta is out, then we'll attempt to make a permanently working server on our own. In any case, we are all focused on the revival of BFME, as it's our single most favorite game.

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:19 pm

I updated the main thread in correlation with our latest post. Changes have been made to:

- Is there a release date? When can we expect a beta?
- 21. How do we play online? Will you use Gameranger?
Forum Moderator

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:44 pm

Updated the thread with some minor additions and 2 new answered questions:

2. Why is Isengard the first faction to be completed?
8. What kind of music will the game use? (Thanks to Echo for pointing out this question wasn't listed)
Forum Moderator

echo

Post by echo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:44 am

A bit more of a technical question that I didn't see in this thread: Will the project be open source, or will it be just a non-commercial closed source game?
I really only ask because so many fan based projects have gone open source and have received huge support from the community of fans ("0 A.D." springs to mind)... And I also would love to play with the code on GitHub and maybe even fix a bug (I am not advanced enough in C coding to actually work on it as a dev, but it should would be fun for me and the community to play with it and have the option of supporting this project more directly).

Thanks,
Echo

Maroni
Site Admin

Post by Maroni » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:07 pm

echo wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:44 am
A bit more of a technical question that I didn't see in this thread: Will the project be open source, or will it be just a non-commercial closed source game?
I really only ask because so many fan based projects have gone open source and have received huge support from the community of fans ("0 A.D." springs to mind)... And I also would love to play with the code on GitHub and maybe even fix a bug (I am not advanced enough in C coding to actually work on it as a dev, but it should would be fun for me and the community to play with it and have the option of supporting this project more directly).

Thanks,
Echo
No.

echo

Post by echo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:46 pm

Okay, cool. Was just wondering because that is basically the biggest "technical" question about a fan based project.

Sincerely,
Echo

Archaon | Everchosen

Post by Archaon | Everchosen » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:06 pm

Yes, the original BFME voice lines will be used. Also, we will not add repetitive voice lines with quotes from the movies. Your ears are safe.
So, Smaug is going to have no voice lines?
"I am the Final Moment made flesh. I stand here on this mountain, and I will sit on this throne. I will be the axis upon which the wheel of change turns, and the world will drown in the light of unborn stars."

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:42 pm

Archaon | Everchosen wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:06 pm
So, Smaug is going to have no voice lines?
I can't talk specifics but there might be some sound and voice lines used. Just not in a way that it breaks immersion like hearing 'my winds are a hurricane' everytime you click to move. Something like that.

You wouldn't want your favorite voice lines to turn into something like an overplayed song on the radio.
Forum Moderator

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:35 pm

Updated main topic with:

- More in depth answer about mod support.
- Added question 31: Will the game be open source?
Forum Moderator

PazZer

Post by PazZer » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:27 pm

Hey,

just would like to ask, is there gonna be a hero editor? Like in bfme 2 and rise of the Witch-King?
Hey,

I´m Paul 18 years old and from Germany. Still can´t wait to play this game. Already informed all my friends, so we all are waiting yearningly. :D