Translation

Help translate the game to other languages or give a character a voice-over.

Moderator: Solethria

Nemesis

Re: Translation

Post by Nemesis » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:57 pm

1) Greek
2) I am a Greek native speaker (I live in Greece) and I am quite familiar with English, I have read many books and have been studying the language for 8y+. In terms of certificates in English I hold a C2 (Specifically IELTS 8,5). Overall I apply because I feel the need to contribute to this project somehow, and my knowledge in Greek is the only thing I can offer.
Last edited by Nemesis on Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

batuhan.pehlivan

Post by batuhan.pehlivan » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:11 pm

1): Turkish
2): I have an ielts certificate (B2).
I've translated movies and TV series before.(subtitles)
I am told that I am good at localization.(comments)

Levyr

Post by Levyr » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:05 pm

1): German
2): I am a native swiss, and I love Lord of the Rings. One of my hobbies is to correct the spelling and punctuation in ebooks.
I also read 1000+ books, and I think my english is very good.

Oh, and I helped to translate Minecraft into swiss german.

I would love to help you!

Montravelus

Post by Montravelus » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:40 am

1) French - Native language
2) Background as a translator (Bachelor in Foreign Applied Languages + professional - miscellaneous topics) for 2 years.
- Reading the books (the Silmarillion + The Lord of the Rings + The hobbit) in English two times a year.
- Watching the movies almost 6 times a year (also in English).

MatthewITA93

Post by MatthewITA93 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:51 am

1) Italian
2) hello , im italian and i have studied english for years. I love lord of the rings and i want to help you with this beautiful game

Im an amatorial subber of tv series like harrow, chicago fire and PD, mapleworth murders and Utopia

Franchowick

Post by Franchowick » Thu May 06, 2021 4:13 pm

Hello!

1) Spanish.

2) My native language is Spanish, and I believe I would be a good translator, due to the fact that not only do I have experience with playing videogames (and I am an enthusiast as well), but also enjoy the world of Tolkien and its lore. I am a Sworn Translator recently graduated, mainly specialized in legal and finances texts. However, I can also translate texts from other subjects. I have already translated a game in the past, and I am willing to participate in this project as well.

Thank you for your time!