Translation

Help translate the game to other languages or give a character a voice-over.

Moderator: Solethria

Drahgos

Re: Translation

Post by Drahgos » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:51 am

1) Spanish
2) I'm studying Modern Languages and Translation degree in Spain. I have played BFME too, since I'm a huge LOTR fan. I have been playing videogames since I was a child, and I also know some general translation rules concerning localization, for it is what I want to do after I finish my degree. I'm native Spanish, C1 level in English, and B2 in French. My language combination for this project would be EN-ES, but I can try with French if needed. Thank you for this amazing project, I'm looking forward to hear from you. Kind regards.

sskaraman

Post by sskaraman » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:38 pm

1-Turkish
2-It is my mother tongue and I have worked in a translation office for a short while. I have taken upper intermediate level English courses.

Wouter de Bruyn

Post by Wouter de Bruyn » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:50 pm

1)Language of translation: dutch (native speaker)
2)I am 19 y/o and fluent in english. I followed some extra programs during high school regarding english fluency. I grew up playing BFME at my friends house, sometimes multiple times a week (mostly BFME II). It would be an honor to help the BFME reforged team with translation, let me know if you would like me to help.

Kind regards,
Wouter

Christopher

Post by Christopher » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:27 pm

Hello! I've just recently discovered the existence of this team and forum, and may I say i am thrilled. I played my first game of BFME I when i was 15, and i loved it. Since then, I have back to it many times, and only now, after all those years, I found that there is a team trying to create a new game. So, I couldn't pass the opportunity to help if I can!

So, let's get things going!

1)I can translate from English to Greek.
2)I am from Greece, so my native language is Greek. My English level is pretty decent i suppose, but the translation from English to my native language always feels more natural. Therefore, I am confident that I can help a lot with your translation efforts. Also, I work as a Proofreader for one of the biggest technological sites in Greece, PCsteps.gr, and the English site equivalent, PCsteps.com. Because of that, I am very familiar with spelling, grammar, syntax, phrasing for my native language, and writing text in general. Last but not least, my motivation is enormous because we are talking about a new game for Lord of the Rings franchise. If that's not a reason to help, I do not know what is.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Christopher.

Niktofobiya

Post by Niktofobiya » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:55 am

1) Portuguese (BR)
2) I am Brazilian, I speak native Portuguese, I have already done HQ translations with a friend, I have been playing the game (bfme2) since I was a child and I am very familiar with the texts, in addition, I have LOTR books with Tolkien appendices and translation instructions.