Sharku

Moderator: Solethria

WerewolfMoonHunter

Sharku

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Sun May 05, 2019 1:32 pm

Hello guys. Yeah it's me again. This time, becouse the creators of BFME Reforged are prepering Sharku as next Isnegard hero I decited to show here some of my ideas for him. I was thinking about him as leader for Warg and Warg Ridders units. Maybe alone he will not be to strong but with small army of riders he will be very deadly.

1. Level 1- Looking for beasts: Sharku spend years at hunting and fighting with Wargs. Thats why he knows how to look for strong wolfs, good enoght for Isengard army. Sharku can take permament control over choosen Wargs Lair (creeps) and use it to recruit new wargs.

2. Level 2- Bloody Training: Sharku knows that warg rider is good only when he have dominating role in his cooperation with his mount. Thats why he very often force his soldiers to fight agains they own Wargs. Wargs and Wargs Riders at choosen aera will get some exp and will have +15% for attack and armor for next 30 sek.

3. Level 3- Scouts: Sharku can send some of his riders before main army to check what if enemy is close or not. Sharku calls 2 units of Warg Riders.

4. Level 5- Howl- Sharku can force his warg to howl. He gets +100% for dmg for next 30 sek.

5. Level 7- Last Words- Sharku, after fight against Aragorn, he was able to convince his friends that he is dead. Thanks that he put them in mourning and slow down they actions. Choosen enemy hero will not be able to use his skills by next 15 sek. (Can be use only when Sharku have less then 10% of hp.)

Thats all. Thank you for reading. Write in comments what do you think. And sorry for my english.
Last edited by WerewolfMoonHunter on Sun May 05, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lostir

Re: Sharku

Post by Lostir » Sun May 05, 2019 3:28 pm

I'm not really a fan of his level 3 ability. Temporary summons aren't such a great mechanic, because the player isn't encouraged to keep them alife, as they will be gone anyway. And with summoned cavalry, that is particular true, as you don't have any downside for just leading them into a charge of death, when their timer is nearly finished.

Also, his level 7 ability isn't really that usefull. Sharku needs to be low life and have an enemy hero nearby, which means that most heroes will already have him killed, before Sharku has finished the ability.

Moreover, Sharku was never a leader of the Warg Riders, he is only known, because he died against Aragorn, that is all. And the name Sharku means old man, and was a nickname of Saruman originally.

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Sun May 05, 2019 3:52 pm

Hmm I actually like the summon ability, although maybe for normal wargs and not warg riders (if they are going to be in the game from rotwk).

However, I also think Lostir has a point and it actually gave me an idea. What if this ability becomes to spawn one permanently (until killed) defending warg with strength matching the warg creeps. This ability would have a medium to long cooldown and would upgrade as Sharku levels up, spawning two wargs on level 5 and three on level 7 or something like that.
Forum Moderator

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Sun May 05, 2019 4:05 pm

I would like that a lot more. But how exactly should those work? Like Drauglin in Edain, such that the wargs follow Sharku, or should they be stationary instead and only guard the target position like the Warg Sentry?

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Sun May 05, 2019 4:08 pm

Lostir wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 4:05 pm
I would like that a lot more. But how exactly should those work? Like Drauglin in Edain, such that the wargs follow Sharku, or should they be stationary instead and only guard the target position like the Warg Sentry?
Actually both could work but I was more thinking about the first option, a follow mechanic.
Forum Moderator

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Sun May 05, 2019 4:14 pm

I think that would be areally good use of the new engine, as those never worked that well in BfME and I doubt having a follow for cavalry heroes would have worked at all.

So, if we area already discussing that, how should it exactly work?
I think the wargs should just follow behind Sharku, as if he were a banner carrier and if they are in melee, they should prioritize enemies that either attack Sharku or are attacked by Sharku.

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Sun May 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Hmmm I read your ideas and I think I have something.

3. Level 3- Leader of the Pack: Sharku can summon wild wargs which will follow him and defend him. The number of summon wargs depends at Sharku level.
- level 3- 2 wargs
- level 4- 3 wargs
- level 5- 4 wargs
- level 6- 5 wargs
- level 7- 6 wargs
- after 7 level the number of wargs will be the same but every time when Sharku level up the summon wargs will get +10% for hp.

5. level 7- Hunting Party: Sharku can call his riders and wargs for hunting party. Choosen enemy hero will be surrounded for 30 sec. by wild wargs which will attack him and make small dmg. When enemy is surrounded he can't move and his skills are colling down 15% slower.

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Sun May 05, 2019 6:04 pm

Lostir wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 4:14 pm
I think the wargs should just follow behind Sharku, as if he were a banner carrier and if they are in melee, they should prioritize enemies that either attack Sharku or are attacked by Sharku.
I would say they have kind of a will of their own, attacking nearby enemies depending on the stance.
WerewolfMoonHunter wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:16 pm
5. level 7- Hunting Party: Sharku can call his riders and wargs for hunting party. Choosen enemy hero will be surrounded for 30 sec. by wild wargs which will attack him and make small dmg. When enemy is surrounded he can't move and his skills are colling down 15% slower.
Would be nice to have Sharku build around these supportive wargs. Make them uncontrollable and just defend Sharku, but with a specific (higher level) skill make them all target a unit / hero with also increased amount of attack (like they howl).

Probably with a formation like either of these would work:
Sharku1.JPG
sharku2.JPG
Forum Moderator

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Sun May 05, 2019 6:27 pm

Solethria wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:04 pm
Lostir wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 4:14 pm
I would say they have kind of a will of their own, attacking nearby enemies depending on the stance.
WerewolfMoonHunter wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:16 pm
Would be nice to have Sharku build around these supportive wargs. Make them uncontrollable and just defend Sharku, but with a specific (higher level) skill make them all target a unit / hero with also increased amount of attack (like they howl).

Probably with a formation like either of these would work:

Sharku1.JPG
sharku2.JPG
Yeah. Something like that

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Sun May 05, 2019 6:39 pm

It opens up for some cool strategy and decision options.

The 'summon supportive warg' ability would only spawn up to X wargs depending on Sharku's level. So, if it would spawn 3 wargs at max, but one was still alive while the skill is already off cooldown, it only spawns 2 extra. You would then have to make the decision to either attack first and let the one warg go down fighting (spawning 3 new ones) or just choose to spawn 2 new ones right away before engaging.

Also, you could spawn your supportive wargs and right away use the 'target specific enemy' skill to make them attack a target right away. This could be used to kill off a hero that is trying to flee. (kind of like is happening in this scene in the hobbit at 2:18 :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRJyRav5c4I) Just some use cases I could think of.
Forum Moderator