Rohan and Gondor

Moderator: Solethria

sakkar

Re: Rohan and Gondor

Post by sakkar » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:04 pm

CHUpancake wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:14 pm
I agree with you sir, we should come up with new structers and units that is true but before i wanna think about it i would like to hear it will be for something that it will actually be in game.
Yeah me too. I hope that those informations will come soon.

CHUpancake

Post by CHUpancake » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:15 pm

If they agreed with it i would give alot of suggestions, and helped alot. Atleast i would try :)))

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:51 pm

echo wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:02 pm
What I suggest is to simply ask one of the dev's or Solethria to create a poll so we can all at least understand where the majority of us fans stand on this rather difficult subject.
Actually that has already been done, just not on the forum but on Discord. Me and Elrohir (other mod of Discord server) run more community based polls there that not always come directly from the devteam, which this was one of. Here are the results:
Screenshot_20190228-220203_Discord.jpg
Note that these results don't confirm Rohan, as the plan still is to first create the 6 bfme2 factions and after that Angmar. Since this will be a long task the devteam has not yet speculated on new factions.

I would personally still love to see the ideas you guys have about Rohan (and replacements for Gondor) here or in a more serious game design manner in this thread I made. The devteam has also posted a discussion about factions before that hosts some ideas.

I'm currently on vacation but I've been thinking of ways to make the forum sections more fitting for all these different kinds of topics, I would love to get some feedback.
Forum Moderator

Oloringrey

Post by Oloringrey » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:18 pm

for sure. Rohan and Gondor should be separate

sakkar

Post by sakkar » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:38 am

It feel wrong playing as human faction (99% of it being Gondor) Helms Deep scenario. (As Human against Isengards)

sakkar

Post by sakkar » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:57 am

After seeing lates video. No I dont need Rohan anymore. Your work is amazing and will no more say anything.

Lord Golgir

Post by Lord Golgir » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:12 am

sakkar wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:38 am
It feel wrong playing as human faction (99% of it being Gondor) Helms Deep scenario. (As Human against Isengards)
Yes, but if they are separated, then you also cannot use Gandalf or Aragorn for this scenario... Which is why if your goal is to recreate epic battles accurately, they should stay combined as Men, and simply rework some of the units to allow the player to choose to train only Rohan units or only Gondor units, etc., based on which battle they are trying to reproduce. For example, allow for Rohan infantry and Rohirrim, but also for Gondor cav and Gondor guards/swordsmen.
There's talk of strange folk abroad...

Lord Golgir

Post by Lord Golgir » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:27 am

I commented in the Factions thread about this, but I don't like separating Men into Gondor and Rohan for 2 reasons specifically.

1 - Separating Men into Gondor and Rohan excludes any other Men units from the game, such as Men of Dale, Dunedain, Men of the North, Hobbits, etc. When Men is just one faction, all "Men" units can be represented, and the player can simply train only Rohan or only Gondor units if they wish to (for the sake of reproducing specific battles). Separating the Men faction also means that Gondor heroes cannot be used with Rohan, so no Gandalf or Aragorn with the Rohan heroes. And btw, Gandalf isn't really a "Gondor" hero in that respect. He fits with Men, but what makes him a Gondor hero rather than a Rohan hero, or elf hero for that matter?

2. Along with excluding other Men units if the faction is split into Gondor and Rohan, this also means that there is no representation for the North/Arnor/Dunedain. There would be 8 factions, which makes sense to me rather than 7 teams with only Angmar. But now Angmar gets an entire faction, and also the North gets zero representation? I could see them doing Angmar and Arnor/North to make 8 teams (North as a counterpart to Angmar), and keep Gondor and Rohan in the Men faction like normal. But splitting Men into Gondor and Rohan, while also adding Angmar doesn't make much sense to me, as adding the 7th faction for Evil and simply splitting Men into Gondor and Rohan doesn't seem fair for Good, nor does it allow for the Dunedain/North to fight against Angmar.

Shadowofwar27

Post by Shadowofwar27 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:51 am

I Believe that Rohan and Gondor should be two separate factions like in BFME 1 and Edain. Due to the fact that both gameplay styles are different Rohan has a heavy reliance on calvary and weight of numbers of weak units. Gondor is well balanced and can adapt to most situations in gameplay e.g. siege, cav and infantry.

Lord Golgir

Post by Lord Golgir » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:28 am

So basically, I'm saying that if they're going to split Men into Gondor and Rohan, then they should also make a North/Arnor/Dunedain faction too. But then that would make 9 teams, which means that there should also be another Shadow team lol. To balance out Evil and Good faction numbers, while also allowing for the most representation of Middle Earth, this is what I would suggest:

Good: Gondor, Rohan, Elves, Dwarves, North/Northmen
Evil: Sauron/Mordor, Isengard, Southron/Easterlings, Goblins, Angmar
5 Good, 5 Evil

OR

Good: Men, Elves, Dwarves, Arnor
Evil: Sauron/Mordor, Isengard, Goblins, Angmar
4 Good, 4 Evil