Rohan and Gondor

Moderator: Solethria

CHUpancake

Rohan and Gondor

Post by CHUpancake » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:25 pm

As I see it its little bit unfair that evil faction has 4 to choose from but good only 3, in my opinion there should be Rohan and Gondor as seperate and not together as just humans. I know u already made some work on balancing and stuff together but think about it. Thats the one thing i hated in BFME 2.. just.. humans.. nothing specials... mainly gondor

WerewolfMoonHunter

Re: Rohan and Gondor

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:47 pm

I agree with you. Ther should be 2 Men fractions: Gondor and Rohan. It will be more fair for Good fractions and will allow to put more heros which should be in this game from beginning

sakkar

Post by sakkar » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:12 pm

I like to see Rohan separeted too. Mainly becouse its only faction based around cavalry. I think when factions are focused on differend strategies and playstyles it makes much more complex gameplay. Also Rohan heroes support cavalry. I think that if Rohan will be in game it will make every match more different. It will be different if you play against Gondor or Rohan becouse Rohan should be from beggining weaker when they have only peasents and weaker archers. But when Rohan get to improved cavalry, than it should look like battle of Pellenor fields (few times shout death and than run over enemies army and then die becouse of elephants). :)

I think that focusing every faction on somethink else is good becouse it brings rock, paper, scisors situations.

Its only my opinion. I will be happy with any resoult on this opic and on topic about gameplay.

(sorry for bad english and also I hope that I write correctly name of the battle from 3rd LotR movie/book)

CHUpancake

Post by CHUpancake » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:32 pm

sakkar wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:12 pm
I like to see Rohan separeted too. Mainly becouse its only faction based around cavalry. I think when factions are focused on differend strategies and playstyles it makes much more complex gameplay. Also Rohan heroes support cavalry. I think that if Rohan will be in game it will make every match more different. It will be different if you play against Gondor or Rohan becouse Rohan should be from beggining weaker when they have only peasents and weaker archers. But when Rohan get to improved cavalry, than it should look like battle of Pellenor fields (few times shout death and than run over enemies army and then die becouse of elephants). :)

I think that focusing every faction on somethink else is good becouse it brings rock, paper, scisors situations.

Its only my opinion. I will be happy with any resoult on this opic and on topic about gameplay.

(sorry for bad english and also I hope that I write correctly name of the battle from 3rd LotR movie/book)
Exactly what was on my mind. Rohan being step nation using mainly horses and weak infantry with bowman.

Would be nice to see my Rohan bretheren in action and not just.. ''humans'' hopefully they'll do something with it but... as i said they would need to balanced it add more soldiers to it and stuff like that.

Syso

Post by Syso » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:24 pm

But if we split human race it will be not equal for other fractions. Races have no divisions. If we regroup humans to other 2 its like we should also take out the eastern kingdoms from orcs and trolls, people of dale from dwarfs, elves from mirkwood from other elves etc. And that is too much work for now. Also the races could be boring after these changes.
Be noble! Let wicked fear your gaze!

CHUpancake

Post by CHUpancake » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:09 pm

I loved playing as Rohan in the first one.. but never in the second one .. its bascially Gondor most of the time... so Rohan is non existing which is really sad .. i never did enjoyed humans in second one.. such a shame and YES i know its alot of work for.

Also you dont have to replace everything u said before for instance dwarfs can have their own archery or crossbows which would be more fitting i think and Mordor and men of east should be together that is in my opinion fitting.

We dont need seperate elves.. they are almost the same anyway.. pointy ears... could never trust them anyway

Syso

Post by Syso » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:13 pm

I dont say, that i dont like this idea, but i just wonder if that would fit the game. I would really like to see the Rohan as a standalone race and have nice ideas about but i think it can turn out that this 2 fractions will be little more boring than if we play them as a 1 fraction of humans. What do you think?
Be noble! Let wicked fear your gaze!

echo

Post by echo » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:02 pm

What I suggest is to simply ask one of the dev's or Solethria to create a poll so we can all at least understand where the majority of us fans stand on this rather difficult subject.

sakkar

Post by sakkar » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:43 pm

Syso wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:24 pm
But if we split human race it will be not equal for other fractions. Races have no divisions. If we regroup humans to other 2 its like we should also take out the eastern kingdoms from orcs and trolls, people of dale from dwarfs, elves from mirkwood from other elves etc. And that is too much work for now. Also the races could be boring after these changes.
In my opinion it is fitting becouse every faction has something like leader. Mordor has witch-king/sauron (hes not here but he will be allways dark lord), Isengard has Saruman, Goblins have dragon (I forget his name :/ ), Elves have Erlond, Dwarfs have Dain, Gondor has Gandalf. Theoden is king but he have no kingdome in game. He should be leader too in my opinion.

Also Rohan heroes dont fit in Gondor. In my opinion faction of man isnt as oriented on cavalry as Rohan heroes need.

After all there is one thing about which I am scared. That is that Rohan was split in Bfme 2 between all 3 good factions. Gondor has theyer horses, Elves have ents and theyer elf archers back, and dwarfs archers with theyer archery barracts look as same as Rohan archers and theyer buildings from bfme 1.

If we really want to see Rohan separeted from others, we should come with ideas for theyer units and buildings. If we want something like this from makers of bfme reforged we should help them at least with concepts. And we should realy first of all ask moderator about that forum poll.

Thxs for reading my opinion and sorry for my bad english.

CHUpancake

Post by CHUpancake » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:14 pm

I agree with you sir, we should come up with new structers and units that is true but before i wanna think about it i would like to hear it will be for something that it will actually be in game.