C++ developer

We are welcoming every person wishing to help us, but first, you will get a task to accomplish for us to test your skills and preparation level

Moderator: Solethria

Ap0C552

C++ developer

Post by Ap0C552 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:35 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Scott.

I am a professional C++ developer with 5 years industry experience.

More importantly I am a die hard life long RTS fan! I have about 2000 games of BFME and BFME2 under my belt. That is just the tip of the iceberg when it come to my RTS experience! I am a grizzled RTS vet.

I am super excited to have discovered this project and want to lend a hand in any capacity. I am always busy with side projects so I like to think I have become great at being productive on passion projects.

I don't really have much 3D game development experience, but I am very experienced in mobile 2D games and GUI development. I could be very valuable in GUI and HUD work (including graphic design and asset creation). I also and very familiar with audio programming as well as sound design. But tbh I am a strong c++ developer, so I really could be valuable anywhere.

I don't have a care how I could be utilised. Even if I can help by squashing bugs or just play testing and submitting properly triaged bugs.....I just want to do what I can to help this passion project succeed!

Here is an excerpt from my professional resume,,,

[current employer 2014 to present]
-Mobile GUI & game development in C++ on Android platform
-contribution to design and development of proprietary C++ application framework
-Java Android app development
-Windows Desktop development in C# .net framework
-Windows Desktop development in MFC C++
-Preparing software releases for deployment in government regulated environments
-contribution to development of client / server based networked gaming system
-GUI test script development using Lua programming language
-design , creation, and integration of art assets

PS. I am a Windows and Linux guy :)