The main reason you are waiting for BFME: Reforged?

Help make BFME better, express your opinions

Moderator: Solethria

Poll: The main reason you are waiting for BFME: Reforged?

Lags and desynchronization issues becoming significantly less of a problem
15%
Auto rating system
No votes
New and more detailed models of units and buildings
38%
Greatly improved special effects of all spells and abilities
3%
Physics enhancement and new game mechanics
24%
No more torment because of overcomplex installation process and necessity to apply patches and screen fixes.
12%
My own option in comments
8%

Total votes: 74

Maroni
Site Admin

The main reason you are waiting for BFME: Reforged?

Post by Maroni » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:53 pm

Silinef

Re: The main reason you are waiting for BFME: Reforged?

Post by Silinef » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:06 pm

The Main reason why i am waiting for BFME Reforged is possibility to see refresh stories of middle earth in new realistic form. You guys can breathe life into probably one of the best game at the world. You can recreate all Middle Earth with all values and abundance of this world. This graffic and those new models of our favourite characters will alow us enjoy this world maximally.

MakeBFMEGreatAgain

Post by MakeBFMEGreatAgain » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:03 pm

I have voted for physics enhancement and new game mechanics.
Why? Take a look at the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiDGTprVJu4&index=74

I want so bad to see the same video and feel the same tension with Middle Earth units and heroes. However, no move like that will ever be possible with the old engine. On the other hand, with the new Unreal Engine 4, I trust a whole new range of possibilities will arise.
For instance, Isengard Burning Engine from the spellbook is both magnificent and has an amazing mechanism: it has high risk high reward mechanics, meaning that if played perfectly it will probably lay waste to your opponent's army but a lot of counterplay is available for the opponent to avoid it.

Second_breakfast

Post by Second_breakfast » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:13 pm

Will we have any type of dedicated servers (if it's even possible)
I can't wait to see you guys do with the game and improve upon it and hopefully grow our community.

Personally I think without a dedicated server to mitigate the lag and disconnection from games the community will always suffer and will struggle to grow is there any way that we can circumvent this problem?

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:18 pm

Honestly, all of the above. And also renew the hype for this game among the large community that has lost its touch with the game for whatever reason.
Forum Moderator

1000_Muxaxos

Post by 1000_Muxaxos » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:05 pm

I already voted one but for me it's all or almost all. BFME 1 and 2 are excellent but are becoming outdated and the modding community always tried to do something about it and have done an excellent job but not like the BFME Reforged teams is doing, they are revolutionizing the game, or making what everyone wanted, a BFME3

Jokuc

Post by Jokuc » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:17 pm

The main reason for me is because I want to revive the franchise. I want more people playing. I want people who haven't touched the game in years to come and play.
Try my latest BFME2 map: Tower Hills 1v1

PusTula

Post by PusTula » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:02 pm

The main reasons of me waiting for Reforged are:

You bring a really fresh air to the game I love, which I wish was more "modern". I'm mostly excited about your new mechanics, bringing in new and better ways to be more loyal to tolkien's and Peter Jackson's works. Seeing the game as I saw it back when I was a kid (beautiful) and maybe finally build a community which can bring in new players who I can play with as a noob, because if I don't know a person by name, I don't know how high the skill level between us is. Also it's quiet frustrating that I cannot play multiplayer when I want to.

I wish u all the best, and keep going!
BFME FAN, OUT! :D :lol:

Floris

Post by Floris » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:15 pm

Probably just all of the above.

While the reworked visuals had my interest at first on further investigation and seeing the work you are intending to put into this project well.. needless to say I became hyped for it all!
“I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.”

Mako

Post by Mako » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:45 pm

Bfme need again a team that can work on all sides giving:

1) servers - less lagg due to p2p and shit engine of bfme2
2) competitive scene (auto match, autoreport, replays repository, ladder, ...)
3) a good restyle of dynamics fixing known problems that aren't fixame with old engine
4) a platform where make ppl play and chat
5) graphic improvements

GL!