13%
I have a different concept
2%

Total votes: 64

Maroni
Site Admin

Palantir version

Post by Maroni » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:58 pm

We may end up having many results on our hands while working on something, that's how the two current palantir versions were created. Which version is better in your opinion? Can there be better versions? It's up to you to vote!

You may also see them all in action here!

Solethria

Re: Palantir version

Post by Solethria » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:20 pm

Close call but picked the foggy version just to offset the red that is going on.
Forum Moderator

Floris

Post by Floris » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:58 pm

I suppose I'm going to be the odd one out and actually prefer the fiery version, haha.

Seems more fitting with the whole reforged concept.

But I like the foggy one just fine too.
“I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.”

Elrohir

Post by Elrohir » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:14 pm

Otherwise you can put both.

a random system ;)
For Gondor ! :!:

MrGreen

Post by MrGreen » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:19 pm

For my taste the second one has too strong colors. The foreground is more important, so the background does not have to be so saturated.

Logosarche

Post by Logosarche » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:01 am

The second one could be used for Gondor as Denethor held one when he set himself on fire. This palantir was then unable to provide any other vision than the burning hands of Denethor.

Jokuc

Post by Jokuc » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:30 am

The one on top is without a doubt the better looking one as it has a nicer contrast between background and icons.
Coder, mapper, player

1000_Muxaxos

Post by 1000_Muxaxos » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:34 pm

i like both, i think the foggy one is more apropriate but the fiery one gives a more warm feeling....maybe it's because it's cold in my room...

Second_breakfast

Post by Second_breakfast » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:59 pm

For one, they both look good!

I would like to see the possibility of being able to pick both ie having an option in the menu to select the background.

Or what could be cool too as if whatever power you're hovering over in your purchase the background of the palantir would show like a snippet of that power in action.

So for example 25-point powers like the balrog or say Army of the Dead it could have a video of a playing the background of someone summoning the power, or you can have like parts from the movies so it would show Aragorn talking to the army of the Dead or have bits and pieces where the army of dead were fighting in battle.

Personally not a big fan of the foggy one I rather see the fire strictly based on the fact that red is my favorite color whatever you guys choose they both look good or if we could have something as intricate as what I suggested.

Logosarche

Post by Logosarche » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:31 pm

Hi, both are beautiful. And I thought that it would be cool if, just when we purchase on the foggy palantir, it becomes the fire one.