Gundabad Wargs

Help make BFME better, express your opinions

Moderator: Solethria

Poll: What implementation do you like for the Gundabad Wargs?

As wild creeps!
41%
I don't even want to seem them!
3%
Only as Azog and Bolg mount!
3%
In Angmar faction!
36%
Instead of those goblin spider riders!
3%
My own option in comments!
15%

Total votes: 39

Lostir

Re: Gundabad Wargs

Post by Lostir » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:19 pm

I don't think that Shelob is that important for the Goblin faction and it wouldn't be bad if she was removed as long as she maybe finds a place in Mordor or as a map feature.

sakkar

Post by sakkar » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:17 pm

Lostir wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:19 pm
I don't think that Shelob is that important for the Goblin faction and it wouldn't be bad if she was removed as long as she maybe finds a place in Mordor or as a map feature.
Yeah you're right, so in the end it looks like it will be better to copletely remade the faction.

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:38 pm

In my opinion redoing the entire faction is pretty much unavoidable as soon as some of the Hobbit content is going to be included (Goblin Town, Gundabad, Wargs, the heroes from the Hobbit).

Moises Salazar

Post by Moises Salazar » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:49 pm

The designs are beautiful although I did not understand the survey to which he referred. Personally I would like to see them in their corresponding faction ....... Gundabad but also include them in the Faction of Angmar is not a bad idea after all Angmar is predecessor of Gundabad

sakkar

Post by sakkar » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:42 pm

I just dont like those degenerated goblins from that goblic town. For me they dont look terrifing, dangerous, they look to much funny (not funny in good way, they look more like a parody). Its just my opinion.

Goblin town goblin:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/lot ... 0202222256

I prefer more those moria goblins:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/lot ... 1205231610

Both pictures from: https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Goblins

Its just my preferation, in the end I will be sutisfied with anything :)

sakkar

Post by sakkar » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:35 am

Maybe it could work like, the first unit purchased from barracks would be those goblins from goblin town, whose will be cheap, fast but weak. And then we would be abled to purchase goblins from moria in lvl2 barracks or from inns.

Syso

Post by Syso » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:59 pm

sakkar wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:42 pm
I just dont like those degenerated goblins from that goblic town. For me they dont look terrifing, dangerous, they look to much funny (not funny in good way, they look more like a parody).
Yeah, they look, like the producer wanted the film to be PEGI 7 ... Totally agree.
Be noble! Let wicked fear your gaze!

Jokuc

Post by Jokuc » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:35 am

I really don't want you to remove the spider riders. They were so iconic to the game and I really enjoyed the look of them.
Try my latest BFME2 map: Tower Hills 1v1

Dante

Post by Dante » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:27 am

The wargz - They should mainly be Azog and Bolg's mounts no doubt, but like the wargs of Isengard they can be creeps to add more variety to neutral lairs, the wargs of Isengard need a breather xD

About the goblins other members mentioned, i agree that Moria goblins look better since they are less deformed and after looking at them so much in "The Third Age" PS2 game while developing my character skills (got used to seeing them like that, plus that evil mode was something else xD) i confess i didn't much like the Hobbit goblins but it's mentioned that they're different so it doesn't really matter.

The spider riders are cool just put them there for goblins of course. Edain team hasn't yet implemented the goblin faction but they had an interesting idea for the dwarves which apparently is happening for the goblins, 3 factions for the price of one, each with its own strengths and weaknesses so people who don't like goblin town or gundabad cuzz ugly goblins can choose Moria or vice-versa plus you don't take all those slots for factions.

Tawarthion

Post by Tawarthion » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:22 pm

Goblins or Isengard should have battalions of wargs without riders, a bit smaller than warg riders, so they wouldn’t have trample damage but would be fast.
Spider riders should be an elite unit you can only build a few of.