What should team color affect?

Help make BFME better, express your opinions

Moderator: Solethria

Poll: What parts should team color affect?

Chainmail
15%
Plate parts (chest, shoulderguards, gauntlets, boots)
60%
Gloves
6%
Belts
6%
My own option in the comments
13%

Total votes: 52

BirdMan

Re: What should team color affect?

Post by BirdMan » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:03 pm

This is a hard choice indeed. I got used to the way it was in the original games but, i often find myself always choosing the grey color cause it looks more realistic when i play gondor etc.

Like it was mentioned on here, that could be a choice in the option for the player to set( between Units having colors or just simply colored decals around the units) since if the player is comfortable with his army not having any color and remain the standard realistic one. I think players should be able to do that. But for sure colors should be added to the game.

My personal take would be, have the option of disabling colors and replacing them with only colored decals while maintaining the original army colors. Every player will still have to choose a color for their army. The players that enabled only colored decals will have only their army on their screen ONLY, appear as the original color while the others will have the full color. if the players choose full color and not only decals everything would be just the way it was for them in the previous games.

So, everything is what it was in the original games and all players choose a color, but a player has the option to set only decals in the options menu, if a player does that their own army will appear with the original color JUST for their screen only and have colored decals instead. thats my take on it.

As for what parts of the units should be colored, i think the way it was in the original games was fine.

sorry for long text, keep up the great work :)

Rick_OShay1

Post by Rick_OShay1 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:05 am

Solethria wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:51 pm
I also posted this alternative on the Discord. Will repost it here so those that are not on discord can also see and discuss it:

I like to have color on the model, it is really important. But just to throw some ideas out there. You could also use the ground highlight that normally in bfme only shows when selected, but then permanently (so you don't have to click on the unit to see the outline). Just an alternative.

92627409.jpg
Too bad Gondor switched to such lame-looking helmets. I preferred the older design from when Sauron lost his ring.
Off topic, I know, but I had to say it.

Rick_OShay1

Post by Rick_OShay1 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:08 am

Solethria wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:15 pm
Once more the Reforged team faces a difficult choice: the team color should be clear enough for players to distinguish team units from enemy units from RTS camera, yet on the other hand the color intensity may affect the experience in a negative way, spoiling the brilliant design of units and the Middle-Earth atmosphere feeling. Please, keep in mind these two issues when voting!

Reference
adHqEbT_yrs.png
Blue color example
YZ-SxBctixI.png
That Uruk picture reminds me; will non-armor upgraded Uruks look like the ones that were in Fellowship of the Ring? I was disappointed when that design wasn't in either of the games.