What should team color affect?

Help make BFME better, express your opinions

Moderator: Solethria

Poll: What parts should team color affect?

Chainmail
15%
Plate parts (chest, shoulderguards, gauntlets, boots)
60%
Gloves
4%
Belts
6%
My own option in the comments
15%

Total votes: 47

Syso

Re: What should team color affect?

Post by Syso » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:39 pm

[RiZe]Hypnotix wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:03 pm
What is when the Banners (Insignia) of a Faction have the chosen colour? Also like the Banners on a Shield?
But for example orcs have insignia only on banner which they got at level 2. Trolls dont have anything.
Be noble! Let wicked fear your gaze!

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:45 pm

I really think just having the selection decal in the faction colour is enough. I never had any problems so far with finding my own troops in Edain, which uses only that.

Syso

Post by Syso » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:50 pm

Thats why the best solution is to be changable in options. But we have to think about the colored version in this poll.
Be noble! Let wicked fear your gaze!

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:17 pm

In the coloured version I'd like only minor parts having the faction colour, like gloves, shoes or the insignia of the faction.

Jokuc

Post by Jokuc » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:32 am

I think you'll have to show examples. I can't decide if I can't see how it looks.
Coder, mapper, player

Maroni
Site Admin

Post by Maroni » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:20 pm

Lostir wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:45 pm
I really think just having the selection decal in the faction colour is enough. I never had any problems so far with finding my own troops in Edain, which uses only that.
What about multiplayer? We all I assume don't really struggle at recognising our own units, but distinguishing team units from enemy units becomes harder without any coloration. So we are open to various options from our fans concerning this!

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:48 am

I had quite the number of multiplayer games with Edain, but I don't remember ever having the problem there either. There is atleast the minimap there as well as the mouse cursor when hovering over enemies. And enemies and allies usually come from different directions, in particular in larger battles. In smaller skirmishes I usally use attack move, where I don't have to pay that much attention to enemies.
The only thing where it probably really matters are heroes, but with those having more specific roles and being better fitted into the gameplay, the chance to mistake an allied hero for an enemy one by the way he is acting is pretty low.

Though I'm still a fan of just toggling it on and off, which seems to be the best for all players.

Dante

Post by Dante » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:49 am

This is a very delicate subject, for me is quite simple since i agree with Lostir. I play Edain with my bro usually against AIs and even when its 4 teams of 2 or free for all we've never had problems with this, the minimap is a great tool cuzz it shows the colors we don't want to see ingame, heroes have their UI so it's easy to track them and the units announce when "they're under attack" (orc) or "the enemy's near" (men) plus the minimap flashes when combat begins so you can just click it and do your stuff this just doesn't happen in Edain it happens from the 1st BFME with disabled housecolors, it's a matter of habit. I guess for those who don't mind decals, Solethria's idea is a good solution, just having the enable/disable option or both.

Zagloba

Post by Zagloba » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:45 pm

I liked the selection and banner only option the most. That would bring some more realism and rise the aesthetics level.
Saruman the Pink no more ಠ⌣ಠ
"A new power is rising!"

BlackDouglasOK

Post by BlackDouglasOK » Tue May 21, 2019 4:19 am

It burns my eyes to much colour and painted plate
Just banners and leather/clothes of the units