What should team color affect?

Help make BFME better, express your opinions

Moderator: Solethria

Poll: What parts should team color affect?

Chainmail
17%
Plate parts (chest, shoulderguards, gauntlets, boots)
57%
Gloves
5%
Belts
7%
My own option in the comments
14%

Total votes: 42

Solethria

What should team color affect?

Post by Solethria » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:15 pm

Once more the Reforged team faces a difficult choice: the team color should be clear enough for players to distinguish team units from enemy units from RTS camera, yet on the other hand the color intensity may affect the experience in a negative way, spoiling the brilliant design of units and the Middle-Earth atmosphere feeling. Please, keep in mind these two issues when voting!

Reference
adHqEbT_yrs.png
Blue color example
YZ-SxBctixI.png
Forum Moderator

MrGreen

Re: What should team color affect?

Post by MrGreen » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:45 am

That is a really hard choice. Maybe you could color two parts. So for example gloves and belts, so that big areas are not affected in a drastic way.

Lohander

Post by Lohander » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:37 am

Can't we see an image of what it would look like according to the option we chose?
It's a difficult choice.

Syso

Post by Syso » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:47 am

If color will be only on 1 small part like gloves it will look stupid. In bfme 2 colors were on different parts on units to look them naturally. I really dont understand the question. Every unit looks different and have different armor or even dont have it so we cant say which parts should be with color.
Be noble! Let wicked fear your gaze!

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:18 pm

Syso wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:47 am
Every unit looks different and have different armor or even dont have it so we cant say which parts should be with color.
If you answer it according to the provided example, the team can interpret the amount of coloring you think is good for any other model and apply similar coloring.
Forum Moderator

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:51 pm

I also posted this alternative on the Discord. Will repost it here so those that are not on discord can also see and discuss it:

I like to have color on the model, it is really important. But just to throw some ideas out there. You could also use the ground highlight that normally in bfme only shows when selected, but then permanently (so you don't have to click on the unit to see the outline). Just an alternative.
92627409.jpg
Forum Moderator

Lohander

Post by Lohander » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:10 pm

I think it would be best to have an option to enable or disable unit colors. So everybody's happy.

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:40 pm

Lohander wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:10 pm
I think it would be best to have an option to enable or disable unit colors. So everybody's happy.
Yes i've proposed this to the devs earlier and wouldn't be surprised if they implement that. Yet it is still important that those that want colors get the best implementation possible.
Forum Moderator

Syso

Post by Syso » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:07 am

Lohander wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:10 pm
I agree.
Be noble! Let wicked fear your gaze!

[RiZe]Hypnotix

Post by [RiZe]Hypnotix » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:03 pm

What is when the Banners (Insignia) of a Faction have the chosen colour? Also like the Banners on a Shield?
Achilles: Myrmidons! My brothers of the sword! I would rather fight beside you than any army of thousands! Let no man forget how menacing we are! We are lions! Do you know what's there, waiting beyond that beach? Immortality! Take it! It's yours!