Hero abilities

Moderator: Solethria

Lostir

Hero abilities

Post by Lostir » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:38 am

While in the normal BfME2 a lot of heroes have only 3 or 4 abilities, most mods add a lot more abilities to them, which I really like. So, my question is, what do you think about that, should it be tried to fill the palantir of the heroes to 5 abilities, or not? And if they get more abilities, should they just get stronger, or should either their basic fighting power or their ability strength be reduced?

As soon as I find out, how to attack a poll, I'm going to add one.

Uruk&Balls

Re: Hero abilities

Post by Uruk&Balls » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:28 pm

Will there fade shapes that shows us hero's skills' effect areas? For example Saruman's wizard blast effect area with fade cone shape or Saruman's fireblast's effect are with fade circle shape. Because sometimes it is really hard to understand skill's effect area.

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:07 am

Yes, that would be a great addition. Also, those skills could be made skill shots.

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:39 am

I've moved the topic here since only moderators can create polls on the forum.
Forum Moderator

Syso

Post by Syso » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:18 am

Lostir wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:07 am
those skills could be made skill shots.
Skill shot fireball :lol: give me that, i want be a mage. Or the archer skills as a skill shots, that could feel good. But idk if its good to have alot of those in strategic game.
Be noble! Let wicked fear your gaze!

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:37 am

The arrow volley is already a skillshot. And I'd like if arrows could collide with other objects during their flight. So, throwing a fireball in a certain direction instead of at an exact target would make sense.

Hadafang

Post by Hadafang » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:27 pm

Just throwing this out there as it JUST came to me.

Thranduil should have one of those rage melee abilities the way Lurtz does.

And to the leaders- what heroes are we looking to have as of now, for all factions?

Cheers!

Archaon | Everchosen

Post by Archaon | Everchosen » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:04 am

Thranduil should have one of those rage melee abilities the way Lurtz does.
Why would Thraundil have a rage ability? It doesn't suit the character. Only melee centric aggressive characters should have those. Those could include;
  • Lurtz
  • Ugluk
  • Azog (if he is in the game)
  • Sauron (perhaps).
  • [Insert potential others.]
Thranduil doesn't get angry in the books or show his anger in the movie. He doesn't care much outside of his borders. He should be a defensive hero to represent that.
"I am the Final Moment made flesh. I stand here on this mountain, and I will sit on this throne. I will be the axis upon which the wheel of change turns, and the world will drown in the light of unborn stars."

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:50 am

Maybe he didn't mean a direct rage ability, but just a heromode ability, which may change the damage and may give stats for a limited duration, as Aragorns Blademaster or Lurtz Carnage abilities, but that restricting that ability only to melee, if Thranduil gets a bow.
In general I don't the reason for a restriction of Rage abilities, as the only thing unique of those compared to other abilities is the name. As mentioned Aragorns Blademasters works the exact same way, just doesn't makes him red.

Archaon | Everchosen

Post by Archaon | Everchosen » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:46 pm

Maybe he didn't mean a direct rage ability, but just a heromode ability, which may change the damage and may give stats for a limited duration, as Aragorns Blademaster or Lurtz Carnage abilities
Isn't that what a rage ability is? Don't get me wrong, I do like melee damage and or armour increase abilities, and I do find them satisfying and fun if they are accompanied by area damage. However, with anything - if a lot of heroes have them, it no longer is unique.
"I am the Final Moment made flesh. I stand here on this mountain, and I will sit on this throne. I will be the axis upon which the wheel of change turns, and the world will drown in the light of unborn stars."