Voice-over questions

Help translate the game to other languages or give a character a voice-over.

Moderator: Solethria

Solethria

Voice-over questions

Post by Solethria » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:30 pm

Hi, this topic is meant for questions regarding the Voice-over entries topic. This way the team can keep that topic structured.

Please read that topic thoroughly before asking your questions here! We'll try to respond in time, but are also very busy at the moment due to the amazing amount of voice-overs that have been sent!

Thanks.
Forum Moderator

Archaon | Everchosen

Re: Voice-over questions

Post by Archaon | Everchosen » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:59 am

About the voiceovers - will the voices be edited through software to make it sound more like the particular character? An example being; making Saurons voice more gravely or malevolently ambiguous? Or will the voiceovers be left alone?
"I am the Final Moment made flesh. I stand here on this mountain, and I will sit on this throne. I will be the axis upon which the wheel of change turns, and the world will drown in the light of unborn stars."

Burzglob

Post by Burzglob » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:47 am

Do Azog, Bolg and Sauron's lines have to be exclusively in Black Speech?

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:13 am

Archaon | Everchosen wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:59 am
About the voiceovers - will the voices be edited through software to make it sound more like the particular character? An example being; making Saurons voice more gravely or malevolently ambiguous? Or will the voiceovers be left alone?
Yes at a later stage. Right now it's just about finding the right voices. Later the team will edit the voices accordingly if necessary.
Forum Moderator

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:15 am

Burzglob wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:47 am
Do Azog, Bolg and Sauron's lines have to be exclusively in Black Speech?
Sauron uses the common tongue in the LOTR trilogy, hence we all know his most famous lines such as "You cannot hide". We are going for this approach. Azog and Bolg speak only the Black Speech, that's why we will take this seriously and come up with most fitting gameplay lines for them at some point, for practice sake the voice actors can now just try to repeat their lines from the movies.
Forum Moderator

Archaon | Everchosen

Post by Archaon | Everchosen » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:08 pm

Solethria wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:13 am
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:59 am
Yes at a later stage. Right now it's just about finding the right voices. Later the team will edit the voices accordingly if necessary.
Thanks for the reply. What if no one auditions for a certain character? Will the team do the voices, will they be blank?
"I am the Final Moment made flesh. I stand here on this mountain, and I will sit on this throne. I will be the axis upon which the wheel of change turns, and the world will drown in the light of unborn stars."

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:22 pm

Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:08 pm
Thanks for the reply. What if no one auditions for a certain character? Will the team do the voices, will they be blank?
With the amount of entries that the team has gotten this seems unlikely. But there will be no blanks, either the team will give it a go themselves or search more specifically for a voice for a certain character. I'm sure if it so happens this all fails, then picking voice files from the movies might become an option if there are somewhat good samples. But again this seems highly unlikely to happen.
Forum Moderator

BlackDouglasOK

Post by BlackDouglasOK » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:18 pm

Everyone wants to be the Witch-King
No plans to add Beorn?
Last edited by BlackDouglasOK on Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:23 pm

Update: Thranduil voice samples have been added.
Forum Moderator

Rogue

Post by Rogue » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:27 pm

So do you only want the raw voice lines with no effects like reverb, distortion etc?