Voice-over entries

Help translate the game to other languages or give a character a voice-over.

Moderator: Solethria

Narslet

Re: Voice-over entries

Post by Narslet » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:09 am

Hello all, My name is Arno Engelbrecht.

I have a long history with LOTR and the games also played a big role in my life.
I am really honored to play a part in the remake of this game!

In the Bolg audition I did both English aswell as black speech.(the black speech starts at the halfway point)
Attachments
Arno Engelbrecht audition.zip
(949.52 KiB) Downloaded 37 times

frankiealaplaaja

Witch King & other Nazgûl - By Frankiealaplaaja

Post by frankiealaplaaja » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:13 pm

As stated in my initial E-mail: I am a Performance Arts Academy graduate, have done stage performances like stand-up Comedy, music-theatre, and imitations. I've also done a great deal of directing.
Over the years I have done a lot of game modding (read total conversions) of (a.o.) Starcraft (II) and Star Trek Armada II all by myself, including the voice work.

My zip contains multiple one-liners, as found in the example zip on this site, plus some I remember from the films.

I converted my files to MP3 format in order for the zip-file to fit here. Original (best quality) wavs can be shared at your request.

Enjoy,
Frankiealaplaaja
Attachments
Witch King - Nazgul - by Frankiealaplaaja.zip
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 27 times

frankiealaplaaja

Post by frankiealaplaaja » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:32 am

Here's another zip-file. This one also contains MP3 files. Uncompressed wav-files won't fit.
Sounds within this zip file are more like reactions to attack and move orders, rather than just quotes from the film, and are therefore more usable.

Enjoy,
Frankiealaplaaja
Attachments
Witch King - Nazgul2 - by Frankiealaplaaja.zip
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 21 times

I actually dont game

Post by I actually dont game » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:35 pm

Hi guys, gotta shoot my shot with this.

Been doing some voice acting for a decent amount of time now, did another video game as well prior to this so im hoping the experience would help with accessibility.

Either way, here's my take on Azog. I more or less ripped from the watchtower scene where he tosses the boy to the wargs, since it had both mid and high level clips to try and show range for him. I have one half of the audio touched up with some alterations to make it sound closer to source imo, and then the other half clean. Thanks a bunch for the opportunity!
Attachments
Azog the Defiler.zip
(408.12 KiB) Downloaded 18 times