Translation

Help translate the game to other languages or give a character a voice-over.

Moderator: Solethria

Stars

Re: Translation

Post by Stars » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:02 am

Since we have coronavirus and i have a lot of time :)

1) English C1
2)Polish(native)

DerFührer( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by DerFührer( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) » Fri May 08, 2020 6:50 pm

1) Polish
2) I have been learning english for about 12 years now (more than 1/2 of my life) and I also acquired a B2 cerificate in english. I'm eager to help you guys, because I'm a big fan of the BFME games and LOTR universe in general. Almost forgot to mention that I'm a native polish speaker ;) Keep up the good work guys :D

Utharlok

Post by Utharlok » Mon May 11, 2020 11:25 am

1) French
2) I come from Belgium, 28 years old, and I’m a complete fan of Tolkien.
I was an ancient player of BFME and I’m now back on this marvellous game for several weeks.

If you need a French-speaking guy to give his voice or translate some texts I’m your man.

For the voices :

I've no experience but I'd like to help.
I’ve a deep slow voice that is good for the Evil Factions or for some Dwarves. Of course, I understand that it has to be as close as possible from the P.J. movies in the French version.

For the texts :

I do write a lot of articles based on English references. So let's say that I'm quite used to translation from English to French. The reverse (form French to English) is more difficult for me but we doesn't care.

For all the translators, that's really important to agree on one thing (to rule them all).
It exists two (at least) complete different versions of the Tolkien's Lord of the Rings in French. One, old, made by Francis Ledoux. The other, quite new, by Daniel Lauzon.
We'll have to discuss seriously about this before translating anything 'cause there's a great gap between those two works. For example : Mirkwood is anciently translated by Forêt Noire. Now, we can read Forêt de Grand'Peur. Shadowfax is now Scadufax rather than Gripoil... etc. etc.
This new translation does not make the unanimous at all. In addition, the translation of the P.J. movies were based on the ancient translation made by Ledoux. I do really think that we have to keep this model not to disturb the players regarding BFME.

For the BFME Team : you've already received an email from me so you have my contact :)

Thanks a lot for your amazing work.

Continue like this !

Best wishes

Utharlok

Ravager

Post by Ravager » Tue May 12, 2020 2:16 am

French

Native Language, it's not proper french. Different dialect (Albertan) but we just use then anglophone words more than the original french words.

Peltomyyra

Post by Peltomyyra » Fri May 22, 2020 9:37 am

1)Finnish
2)First, I am native Finnish speaker and I have read most of the Tolkien’s books in Finnish, so I am already familiar with the vocabulary of Middle-Earth. I also consider myself decent English speaker, mostly thanks to the Finnish school system.

TBM

Post by TBM » Wed May 27, 2020 6:32 pm

1)croatian,bosnian,serbian
2)native croatian speaker,bosnian and serbian are very simillar so I can easily translate them too,could help with english too but i think you got that coverd lol.

rusete46

Post by rusete46 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:23 pm

Hi there! :)

1) I can translate to Spanish
2) I'm spanish-born. I'm 26 (27 at 10th August). At least half of my life I remember being a fan of LOTR and since 2004 I was able to play BFME. I fell in love with that game. I know that game like my hand's palm. (Typical spanish expression)

Ether30

Post by Ether30 » Fri May 29, 2020 7:39 pm

Hi everybody !

I'm Corentin, a french guy, I'm honored to bring some help about this amazing project. So as you've understand, I guess ^^ ! I can participate on the french translation and I can easily work in team.

I've already translated some wallpaper on wallpaper engine, I'm not bad either talking or writing.

So to conclude

1) french translation
2) I'm a french named Corentin, I've already translated some wallpaper, I'm not bad in English and I'll be really honored if I 'm able to bring some of my knowledge about this giant project. I've played both games, The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth I and II

I remain availible for any question.

Sincerely,
Corentin.

StefanWerkhoven

Post by StefanWerkhoven » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:45 am

1) Dutch
2) Don't have any experience with translating but due to many years in gaming and online experience i can say that i can translate english sentences to Dutch without any problems.
So if you want the game to be translated in Dutch please let me know, i would love to help!!

iceman94

Post by iceman94 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:27 am

1): Hungarian
2): Hungarian is my native language and I have some experience in translating (web pages, Trophy Manager online football game, etc.)

Just let me know if you need me!