Translation

Help translate the game to other languages or give a character a voice-over.

Moderator: Solethria

Nemesis

Re: Translation

Post by Nemesis » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:57 pm

1) Greek
2) I am a Greek native speaker (I live in Greece) and I am quite familiar with English, I have read many books and have been studying the language for 8y+. In terms of certificates in English I hold a C2 (Specifically IELTS 8,5). Overall I apply because I feel the need to contribute to this project somehow, and my knowledge in Greek is the only thing I can offer.
Last edited by Nemesis on Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

batuhan.pehlivan

Post by batuhan.pehlivan » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:11 pm

1): Turkish
2): I have an ielts certificate (B2).
I've translated movies and TV series before.(subtitles)
I am told that I am good at localization.(comments)

Levyr

Post by Levyr » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:05 pm

1): German
2): I am a native swiss, and I love Lord of the Rings. One of my hobbies is to correct the spelling and punctuation in ebooks.
I also read 1000+ books, and I think my english is very good.

Oh, and I helped to translate Minecraft into swiss german.

I would love to help you!

Montravelus

Post by Montravelus » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:40 am

1) French - Native language
2) Background as a translator (Bachelor in Foreign Applied Languages + professional - miscellaneous topics) for 2 years.
- Reading the books (the Silmarillion + The Lord of the Rings + The hobbit) in English two times a year.
- Watching the movies almost 6 times a year (also in English).

MatthewITA93

Post by MatthewITA93 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:51 am

1) Italian
2) hello , im italian and i have studied english for years. I love lord of the rings and i want to help you with this beautiful game

Im an amatorial subber of tv series like harrow, chicago fire and PD, mapleworth murders and Utopia

Franchowick

Post by Franchowick » Thu May 06, 2021 4:13 pm

Hello!

1) Spanish.

2) My native language is Spanish, and I believe I would be a good translator, due to the fact that not only do I have experience with playing videogames (and I am an enthusiast as well), but also enjoy the world of Tolkien and its lore. I am a Sworn Translator recently graduated, mainly specialized in legal and finances texts. However, I can also translate texts from other subjects. I have already translated a game in the past, and I am willing to participate in this project as well.

Thank you for your time!

wwozniak

Post by wwozniak » Sat May 08, 2021 7:04 pm

1) Polish
2) I am a native Polish speaker, I have lived in the United Kingdom for 3 years, obtained a Bachelor's degree here, and, generally speaking, I'm just fluent in English. + I read Lord of the Rings trilogy and the Hobbit in both languages. Played BFME in both languages as well, watched the movies in both languages, etc. I can't help with programming or graphics or anything else, but I can and want to help you out somehow.

Drengar

Post by Drengar » Sun May 09, 2021 9:16 pm

1) Polish and basics of Russian
2) I'm from Poland and i I speak Polish and English fluently. I also know Russian at an intermediate level. And also the basics of German, Spanish and French. I have already translated discord servers and minecraft mods, as well as books for my own use.

I can also get along well with my "colleagues"

P.S .: There are many people in Poland who explore Tolkien's universe.

If I am accepted, thank you.

Khamûl

Post by Khamûl » Thu May 27, 2021 1:02 pm

1) German
2) German is my native language so I know it well and every movie or tv show or game I watch/play in English if possible.
I watched the lotr movies in English several times and I'm currently reading the books.

Lord_Imrahil

Post by Lord_Imrahil » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:45 pm

Dutch

I'm a native Dutch speaker from Belgium and a huge Lord of the Rings fan with quite a bit of lore knowledge. I am a masters level student in history, so I've been able to train my proficiency in English reading and Dutch writing as part of my education for the past four years.

I played BFME2 as a kid and play the community patches regularly and I am hugely impressed with the progress the BFME reforged team has already made, and especially the quality of the models, improved game elements and how much thought has gone into all decisions. I would love to be a part of this project, and as I have no programming or game desing skills (yet), I would love to help translating the game into Dutch!

Hoping I get a chance to be a part of this project, and thanks to you guys who manage such a big endeavor!