Translation

Help translate the game to other languages or give a character a voice-over.

Moderator: Solethria

Jonsenberg

Re: Translation

Post by Jonsenberg » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:48 pm

1) German

2) Since I work full-time as a copywriter, I'm used to fulfill different kinds of writing tasks. Due to my experience, I have a confident grasp of spelling and grammar, I am able to proofread texts and have also gained experience in translating texts. In addition, I have been binge-watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy since I was a child and so I am very familiar with the necessary wording.

Bujon

Post by Bujon » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:21 pm

Hi,
Slovak
I helped with translating TLD mod to Slovak language, so i have an experiences with translating games.
But i'm just a guy, that love Tolkien and his world. I saw two another Slovaks here,
so i would like to help them, if they agree with working like a team:)
Last edited by Bujon on Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Massive443

Post by Massive443 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:04 pm

Hey Reforged Team,

i would really like to support this project so I want to be a German translator.

1.German
2.I'm a native German and i think my English is pretty good.
In school i had only good grades in both subjects and I know how to translate in each oppositional language.
I also mostly read and write texts online in English.

Sincerely Massive443

SalvaGG

Post by SalvaGG » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:45 pm

1- Argentinian
2- I am a guy from Argentina, my name is Salvador Garcia Gregori and I'm nineteen years old, who loves video games. I have been playing for years and speaking to people from all over the world in English. Forget the redundancy, I studied English for twelve years and I have two English certificates (Pet and First, from Cambridge). Not much but enough to translate everything. Besides this, I have a lot of vocabulary. Speaking is not my strong point but that would not be necessary for this work.

I'm excited and available to help out you guys in your project. Commencing adding spanish subtitles in required videos of your youtube channel, and even if it is possible; in the translation of the game itself.

Silverlicious

Post by Silverlicious » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:24 am

1, Swedish

2, I have a bachelor in linguistics with a minor in translation studies. I have previously worked with translating Japanese into English. I also have experiences teaching Swedish in both English and Japanese.

SneaK

Post by SneaK » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:44 pm

1) Slovak

2) I am a native Slovak with huge love for the Lord of the Rings books / movies / games. I have read Lotr, Hobbit and The Silmarillion in Slovak as well as English.

I am 18 and i have studied english for almost 12 years. I have not worked in translation before, but I would give it my all to be as accurate as possible.

Yours sincerely SneaK

MorgothBloody

In Reforged We Trust

Post by MorgothBloody » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:24 am

Hi, i could help with English>Russian translation, because I'm a native speaker, student, my course is theory and methodology of teaching foreign languages ​​and cultures (eng + french).
Would love to participate in project, Cheers :D

Before

Post by Before » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:00 am

1. Korean
2. I'm fluent in other languages covered here and can get by with Korean - it's not perfect but I also have experience translating for other projects as well to make up for it.

fraze

Post by fraze » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:14 pm

Italian
I'm a native Italian speaker. I use English on a daily basis and am really well accustomed to the language of videogames and even of Tolkien. I have good writing skills in both Italian and English, and I have a certified C1 level (though I might shoot for C2 soon). I've played BFME2 for a long time, so I would know how the official translation went. Finally, I also worked on translations for a few projects around the internet (non-professionally, of course).

TheUrps

Post by TheUrps » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:57 pm

1.) German
2.) As a student of english literature and language studies I think i'm well suited to translate complex texts, especially with a team.