Translation

Help translate the game to other languages or give a character a voice-over.

Moderator: Solethria

Feniks009

Re: Translation

Post by Feniks009 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:04 am

1. Polish
2. Im native Polish and I was learning English for 14 years and I think that Im fluent in that language. Also I read many books in Polish and English so I know some styles of writing in literature and how to understand them and eventually translate them to my native language. I want to take part in this project and I really want to help in creating Polish translation that could be avaible for everyone. Also I hope that my eventual contribution will help a little.
Last edited by Feniks009 on Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

juggernoob

Post by juggernoob » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:37 pm

1. Turkish
2. Even though I don't have professional translating experience, I have self confidence about it. Turkish is my mother tongue, all my language skills in English, at least B2. I used to check Turkish translations in games, movies etc. I have seen really good ones, poor ones as well. Turkish translation of Tolkien's work is excellent and I'm familiar with it due to books and being a geek.

Silentman

Post by Silentman » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:20 pm

1. Slovak
2. I'm a native Slovak speaker and know English quite well. I don't have any experience with translating but I own and have read Lotr and The Hobbit in Slovak and in English. I also own and have played all the bfme games. Quite a lot.

batyu

Post by batyu » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:28 pm

1. Hungarian
2. Native speaker, I have C1 english exam. I am familiar with LOTR-s world, and the way we hungarian people translated the movies, and books. I saw the films countless times in English and in Hungarian, and a I played BFME2-a lot. :)

nahtung

Post by nahtung » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:31 pm

1.French
2.Native French, i'm quite used to translate for example lore pages on some wiki (like wowpedia for world of warcraft) for some friends, or use english documentation for my studies at university. I don't know everything perfectly about some words, principally how it's usually translated in french, but i believe just a quick search can solve that problem.

Well, that's it, would be glad to help the project, even if just a little, this is great :D

Nahtung.

BlackDouglasOK

Post by BlackDouglasOK » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:38 pm

Maybe we should group by language to translate the game?

Satenskyhou

Post by Satenskyhou » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:28 am

Hi everyone!

1. I'm a Russian native speaker.
2. Translating games since 2014 (English - Russian). I've been working on WIldStar (closed MMORPG). Has taken part in translating LOTRO Gondor expansion, mostly Dol Amroth and surrounding areas. Some of the projects are translated officially, and you can find them in Steam: My Time at Portia (translation is already in the game, but it will be marked translated in several months), Abstract Arena, Dead Age, Heat Guardian, Mooseman (editing Russian and translating to English), Colonial Conquest and others.

P.S. I also have contact with those people who can make voice-overs.

My website with examples of localization: https://ashuforde.wixsite.com/gameloc
Last edited by Satenskyhou on Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

chrtmatej

Post by chrtmatej » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:30 pm

1) Czech
2) I'm native speaker and I love BFME2.
My english CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) level is C1.
I don't have any experience with translating, but I've read the LoTR both in Czech and English.

Zagloba

Post by Zagloba » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:19 pm

1) Polish

2) Polish is my native language. My English level is B2, I have over 3 years long experience of writing and speaking in this language. I was interested in translation from the moment I have known about this project and also wrote to you before referring this case. I am also a huge fan of Tolkien’s books and have a good knowledge of names of places and characters from LOTR universe.
"A new power is rising!"

Mithrandir23

Post by Mithrandir23 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:39 pm

Hungarian

If there's a need for this translation, I'm willing to help

I helped translating a few apps and I have Language exam in English.

I understand that this is not basic language and there aren't a lot of games in Hungarian but if somebody wants to add it I help with pleasure.