Translation

Help translate the game to other languages or give a character a voice-over.

Moderator: Solethria

Darquese

Re: Translation

Post by Darquese » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:08 pm

1. Turkish
2. I am native in Turkish. I have a TOEFL IBT score of 98. I am currently studying in an English speaking university. I read the books in English. I have written essays for school work and did some script writing for a friend before, in Turkish.

hobbit13

Post by hobbit13 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:42 pm

1. Italian
2. I'm a native speaker, a LOTR lover and an experienced translator. I study translation, interpretation and localization of videogames. My languages of study are English, German and Dutch. I also play lot of games with my boyfriend, also a LOTR lover. I speak, read and write in English on a daily basis and I am accostumed to the language of videogames.
I would really like to help you launch the game in Italy

Pizavo

Post by Pizavo » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:32 pm

Hey there,
1. Czech
2. I'm from the Czech Republic (ergo czech native speaker). I love Czech and English and I have always been praised for my wordplay and writing style. I have accomplished CAE (Cambridge English: Advanced - level C1) and I love Tolkien's work and his very own wordplay. As an English tutor he really knew his way with words.

With best regards
Pizavo

chridi

Post by chridi » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:57 am

1) German
2) German is my native language (I am from Austria) and since I am a language interested person I would say that my knowledge of german and skill to express myself is above average. As for my english skills, I have studied english since primary school (like most of the people in Germany, Austria or Swizerland) and I also took a two week internship in Dublin last year (not english focused but valuable for my skills)

Apart from a smaller fan project I do not have any experience in translating, however I feel confident that I would be able to do it quite fine.

I also would be able to translate into Austrian/Bavarian dialect (for sure not a neccessity, we all use standard german, but mabye a fun thing to add after release)

kind regards,
Christoph

Safy

Post by Safy » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:47 pm

1) Urdu
2) Do an Urdu Class in School
3) I speak basic Urdu and should be able to translate what's needed
4) I doubt an Urdu audience but if there is alot don't hesitate to not pick me 👍

Direwolf

Post by Direwolf » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:20 pm

CZECH
I am from Slovakia but i know czech language very well and i read many books in czech language and also i know english.
I really wanna help and support Bfme bcs i am huge fan of Lotr and Tolkien books.

Osgiliath guy

Post by Osgiliath guy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:09 pm

1) Polish
2) Polish is my native language, I'm fluent in english.
Most of my experience comes from school, i wrote polish equivalent of SAT in english getting high score.
Practical experience in translating i had with tons of LOTR memes,

Striders13

Post by Striders13 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:55 pm

1) Russian
2) I'm a native russian speaker and a huge fan of the lotr universe. I've never contributed to any project before but am confident in my English skills. I'd just like to help out if needed.

Ravignir

Post by Ravignir » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:28 pm

1) Polish
2) First of all I am a native speaker. When it comes down to translating, I have quite a bit of experience with games, most notably I was the translation coordinator and main translator of Spellweaver CCG - I've single-handedly translated 80% of all texts in that game, which corresponds to more than 50000 words. My most recent translation work were translation fixes for Unciv and I've ended up changing 50% of existing texts :D

Other than that, I am a huge BFME fan. I am only afraid I might want to make all of the dirty translation work myself as I am a pefectionist. That's a risk of having me onboard ;)