Translation

Help translate the game to other languages or give a character a voice-over.

Moderator: Solethria

ZeroStrikerX

Re: Translation

Post by ZeroStrikerX » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:40 pm

1) Dutch
2) Dutch is my native language. I am a really big fan of BFME2 since it came out back in 2006. I read The Hobbit in Dutch and currently reading the Silmarillion in English. And for my skill in the English language. I talk/listen/read & write english on a daily basis. Also i went to New Zealand for half a year so next to my native language my English is almost on par with a native speaker. (if i say so myself). Dutch might not be the most useful translation this game needs because most people in the Netherlands are quite proficient at English.
Next to that I don't really have experience translating things except for when my international friends are in my country for a visit.

Elessar93

Post by Elessar93 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:42 pm

1) Italian
2) Italian is my native language. I have a good knowledge of english language: I have a B2 First Certificate, I listen and read english on a daily basis reading articles online and watching videos and movies. I can offer my help while I'm not at work so I'm talking about nearly all the evenings. The reason I would like to help is because I love this game since it was published; I played the first one, the second one and the ROTWK expansion for a lot of hours and I still play the game nowadays. I am familiar with the LOTR world with games, books and movies so I can understand terms, names of characters and places and apply them in sentences in the right way.

Thank you and cheers.

Takeiteasy

Post by Takeiteasy » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:23 pm

Hello everyone! I would like to join the team and contribute to this gem that is finally being properly polished.

1) To some extent I am able to translate Czech ⇄ English.

2) Czech is my native language and English is the language I've been studying for the past decade. I would not call my translator portfolio extensive but I successfully translated a miniature fan project with a group of enthusiasts a few years ago (a Flash game series).
I would love to work in a small team of 2-5 translators. Since Czech has a myriad of commonly used synonyms, working in a team would help me avoid being biased or downright wrong.

Best of luck to all of you!

NakNak_NC

Post by NakNak_NC » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:12 am

1) French

2) Experience in translation for multiple games (Vanhall, Ready or Not etc etc...).
Gamer since the young age, so familiar many gaming's expression.

I hope I will be able to help,

Best regards

din_winter

Post by din_winter » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:23 am

1) Polish
2) I'm native polish speaker. I have been learning English for 16 years. I achieved very high scores in high school from basic and extended exams, especially from the written parts. If only there was such a chance I would like to help, I love this game and I can't wait to play it!

Good luck to you guys!

Dalvin

Post by Dalvin » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:29 pm

1. German

2. I speak fluent English and German is my mother tounge. And therefore I am quite heavily into this phantasy/medieval stuff I obviously know how to translate this kind of stuff.

Happy to be part of this.

David

JodidoCash

Post by JodidoCash » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:50 am

1) Spanish
2) I am a native Spanish speaker. I am doing my final research in order to finish my degree on English Studies, concerning linguistics, transcription, translation (localization), history, literature, culture, writing texts, correcting them, etc. I have also worked on translating and correcting some book's pages, subtitling film clips and Youtube tunes, which implies some experience with Amara (app), all of these are unnoficial. I lived and studied in Ireland for a year as well. My degree also involves writing essays per week.
I would like to add that I have always loved LOTR world since I was a kid and it would be an honour to work on this wonderful project with all of you! :D :D
To conclude I offer myself as a translator/proof-reader, this last one as a non professional, as I have not finished yet and I am not able to say that i am an expert. :ugeek:

FaramirBe

Post by FaramirBe » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:04 am

English to Dutch
I'm a native Dutch speaker.
I've read the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings in Dutch and in English. So part of the world of Tolkien is no mystery to me. (No1 can be a master in his world it's such a beautiful and complex creation)
And as I've switched to reading books of different authors in their native langue (English) I've come to the pure joy of how much you can miss when reading a translated version. Not all subtle differences can be translated.

When people hear me talk they often assume I'm from the north of England although I've only been there once. I do have large amount of English relatives and many international friends. There are many days where I use the English language more than my own native tongue.

I've been a fan of RTS, BFME (later on) and the world of Tolkien since the first movie came out. (12 back then) now at 31y and playing multiple lotr styled games (always as FaramirBe if available).
I'm relieved this reforged version is in the making, sadly I have no modding skills so I would be honoured to help out by translating.

rootKID

Post by rootKID » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:44 pm

1) Danish (Denmark) / Dansk (Danmark)
2) It is my native tung and im pretty good at it. Not the best with commas tho, but other than that im good. Also a webdeveloper so pretty good getting around if it has to be some sort of specific setup u guys uses ^^