Voice-over questions

Help translate the game to other languages or give a character a voice-over.

Moderator: Solethria

Solethria

Re: Voice-over questions

Post by Solethria » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:17 pm

Rogue wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:27 pm
So do you only want the raw voice lines with no effects like reverb, distortion etc?
If you know how to, you can give effects a try. You can always upload the clean version + the one with the effect if you are unsure. If you do it this way, please indicate this in your entry or file names.
Forum Moderator

PreciousPeach

Post by PreciousPeach » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:25 am

Hello! Just asking since I know there are a few female characters in LOTR. I am Swedish but I speak with a british accent, and I'm also a woman (22yo) who has access to a recordingstudio due to my studies, and thus wondered if you needed any female voices?
Kind regards, "PreciousPeach" 😊

magiusmage

Post by magiusmage » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:24 pm

PreciousPeach wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:25 am
Hello! Just asking since I know there are a few female characters in LOTR. I am Swedish but I speak with a british accent, and I'm also a woman (22yo) who has access to a recordingstudio due to my studies, and thus wondered if you needed any female voices?
Kind regards, "PreciousPeach" 😊
Hello, I'm also curious about PreciousPeach's question about female characters. Will Galadriel, Arwin, and Eowyn be heroes? And will there be female troops in some of the races and units--e.g. the Elves race and Rohan peasants unit?

(Btw, PreciousPeach, that's awesome you have access to a recording studio, and I think a British or Swedish accent would be really cool for these characters!)

Sindarry

Post by Sindarry » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:44 am

hello, I first wanted to know if it is planned to translate the game in French later and so if you will need French voice

Dwarflad101

Re: Voice-over entries

Post by Dwarflad101 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:15 pm

I have attempted to put my own spin on the characters as BFME always had their own twist and I hope you at the BFMER team would be pleased by my attempts at these characters and as thus I suggest adding a channel to the BFMER discord for Voice actors instead of here, It would be much easier to have them be on the discord rather than here as it's easier to listen and grab audio files there.

Solethria

Re: Voice-over entries

Post by Solethria » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:32 pm

Dwarflad101 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:15 pm
I have attempted to put my own spin on the characters as BFME always had their own twist and I hope you at the BFMER team would be pleased by my attempts at these characters and as thus I suggest adding a channel to the BFMER discord for Voice actors instead of here, It would be much easier to have them be on the discord rather than here as it's easier to listen and grab audio files there.
Welcome to the forum, i moved your post into the questions section for voice-over because i'm not sure if this was meant to be a submission (there were no files attached) and questions/suggestions are not meant for that topic as described in the main post. That's also the reason why the forum is the best place for all of this, the team works from here and also the forum is way more structured than Discord.

If you meant to upload your voice files, please make a new post in the 'Voice-over entries ' topic and make sure the files are attached correctly (again instructions can be found in the main post). Any questions regarding voice-over can be asked in this question topic.

Thanks!
Forum Moderator

Dwarflad101

Post by Dwarflad101 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:13 pm

Yes I tried to submit them but the mp3 format didn't work..

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:17 pm

Dwarflad101 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:13 pm
Yes I tried to submit them but the mp3 format didn't work..
You have to place your voice files into a zipped folder (.zip / .rar / etc.) as described in the 'important notes'. I'd suggest to give the main topic a good read, it explains all the important details for submitting your files.
Forum Moderator

Terock

Post by Terock » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:25 am

Hello,

I'm a musician, singer and producer. I work with audio mixing and audio engineering. I can record my voice professionally, so I'll try to post some voice-overs in the near future. I just wanted to let you know that I can help with mixing the vocal samples you get as well as adding effects and ambience, or treating sound effects and music. I would love to help in any way I can, so if you guys need any work related to audio and want me to give it a try I'd be happy to do it.

Thanks!