Halls of Thranduil, Mirkwood - 4K demo version, Unreal Engine 4

Here you can use the links to released videos of BFME: Reforged and discuss them.

Moderator: Solethria

Solethria

Halls of Thranduil, Mirkwood - 4K demo version, Unreal Engine 4

Post by Solethria » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:05 pm

This is Thranduil halls, Mirkwood demo version! The work on it has been going since fall 2018, and this scene is going to be a part of main menu background. Besides, Thranduil and the elves of Mirkwood are expected to be ready very soon (for gameplay and cutscenes). If you have any ideas concerning the main menu background, feel free to share them with us!

Thank you everybody for your kind attention and support!

- Reforged Team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcINXao_ahs
Forum Moderator

Syso

Re: Halls of Thranduil, Mirkwood - 4K demo version, Unreal Engine 4

Post by Syso » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:16 pm

It looks magnificent!
Is there any idea about the background scene which reforged team are already planning? Maybe some elven army crossing the bridge and eagles flying sometimes.
Or more peacefull scenario - just few elf guards standing on the bridge and sometimes Thranduil walking between them.
Btw where is this music from? Hobbit film? Its really nice.
Be noble! Let wicked fear your gaze!

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:41 pm

Syso wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:16 pm
Is there any idea about the background scene which reforged team are already planning?
I'm not sure what you mean by background scene, like a scene in the background for the menu? Because that is what this video is, a menu background scene. If you mean other ideas besides this one then yes, Mount doom and Mirkwood (this video) are finished and Black Gates, Helms Deep and Isengard are being worked on.
Syso wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:16 pm
Btw where is this music from? Hobbit film? Its really nice.
Yes the music comes from The Hobbit Trilogy and i also really like it.
Forum Moderator

Syso

Post by Syso » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:08 am

Solethria wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:41 pm
I'm not sure what you mean by background scene...
Ah my bad, wanted to say main menu scene. So it will be just a video presenting this "Halls of Thranduil" and the other places which you mentioned or will it be something more in it, like i wrote in my previous post? I dont like static landscapes. If you have maybe seen Heroes 5 main menu - thats the dynamic scene :)
Be noble! Let wicked fear your gaze!

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:19 am

Syso wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:08 am
So it will be just a video presenting this "Halls of Thranduil" and the other places which you mentioned
I'd imagine that it will be similar to how it works in BFME2, like shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruYckVycv9c
Forum Moderator

Silinef

Post by Silinef » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:25 pm

The video is really good. Especially the moment when camera is flying through the forest. For beta version it's good beginning. For the enter version i would add opening gate. camera would dive into thranduil halls and show picture inside. Also i would add some elven guards. The graffic and landscape looks very real and eriee but i have one remark about stream. The water looks a bit too flat compare to the stones and the forest. Hope that the team take a look at this small problem.

Gusto

Post by Gusto » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:13 am

I have an idea about main background. Why don't you create scene like that when elrond reforge the sword of elendil. It would be perfect match with name of the game.

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:30 am

Except that it wasn't Elrond who reforged Narsil. He only ordered it to be reforged.
By the way, there is also a poll about possible other main menu backgrounds: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=161