Grima Wormtongue showcase (plus little extra)

Here you can use the links to released videos of BFME: Reforged and discuss them.

Moderator: Solethria

Solethria

Grima Wormtongue showcase (plus little extra)

Post by Solethria » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:26 pm

All i can say is: Enjoy and watch until the end 8-)

video: Grima Wormtongue
Forum Moderator

Lostir

Re: Grima Wormtongue showcase (plus little extra)

Post by Lostir » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:44 pm

While I would prefer a dagger, I don't have that much against a sword, if done differently. By that I mean, it should first of all behave like a sword, because at the moment it is clear that he uses a dagger from his behavior, but it just looks like a sword. And secondly I would like a Rohan sword, because he might have taken it from there.

If the problem with the dagger is that it isn't visible enough, it might help to change his whiole proportions a bit like a lot of heroes were in the vanilla game, such that it still looks like a dagger, even if it is bigger.

Also, the model seems to have some major rigging problems. The sword permanently moves in the hand and is not connected to it. That is inparticular weird when he is moving.

Moreover, his death animation feels bad, because his hands don't open at all. I know that this was the same in the vanilla game, but with the lower graphic it was ok. In reforged with higher graphics, his death leaves me massively in the uncanny valley, and I think that some knd of change is needed.

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:01 pm

Lostir wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:44 pm
Also, the model seems to have some major rigging problems. The sword permanently moves in the hand and is not connected to it. That is inparticular weird when he is moving.
Yes i noticed that as well. That part is most likely unfinished, i know this was the case for the berserker as well and that specific people in the team worked on that and 'fixed' it. The same probably still has to happen for Wormtongue.
Forum Moderator

rasmous

Post by rasmous » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:07 pm

Could you give a screenshot example from the viewpoint that the game will be seen with Grima? That way you might be able to judge better if it's "too long" or not. :)

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:41 pm

rasmous wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:07 pm
Could you give a screenshot example from the viewpoint that the game will be seen with Grima? That way you might be able to judge better if it's "too long" or not. :)
Hi, welcome to the forum! Yes i've also seen this question in the YouTube comment section. I've asked for this and we may get a screenshot soon. Maybe tomorrow, busy times.
Forum Moderator

MrGreen

Post by MrGreen » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:55 pm

In my opinion it could be too strong to take enemy heroes under your control, if it is not limited. It is not the same whether you take Eowyn or even Sauron under your control.
I do not know if there were some limitations planned. But an idea could be to set the time you can control an enemy champion depending on his price. Furthermore there could be a cap (like 4000), where you are not longer able to take control of an enemy hero.

Another ability for him could be to poison his enemy. This would fit to his deceitful nature.

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:08 pm

Lostir wrote:
If the problem with the dagger is that it isn't visible enough, it might help to change his whiole proportions a bit like a lot of heroes were in the vanilla game, such that it still looks like a dagger, even if it is bigger.
rasmous wrote:
Take a look here, the team has responded to given feedback and made the blade smaller (more like a dagger).
Forum Moderator

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:20 pm

Yes, much better now.

Maroni
Site Admin

Post by Maroni » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:37 pm

Lostir wrote:
Moreover, his death animation feels bad, because his hands don't open at all. I know that this was the same in the vanilla game, but with the lower graphic it was ok. In reforged with higher graphics, his death leaves me massively in the uncanny valley, and I think that some knd of change is needed.
It was hardly seen in vanilla, nor it would be really seen in Reforged.
And by the way, it has nothing to do with rigging.

rasmous

Post by rasmous » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:02 pm

Solethria wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:08 pm
rasmous wrote:
Take a look here, the team has responded to given feedback and made the blade smaller (more like a dagger).
Looks great! :)