Closed beta testing access opportunity!

Contains all available information about the game’s progress

Moderator: Solethria

Solethria

Closed beta testing access opportunity!

Post by Solethria » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:52 pm

A question to pro players of BFME1/BFME 2 and those who knows a thing or two about BFME coding.

We are using real measure units in UE 4 (centimeters, seconds). But it was all conventional in BFME, the units characteristics were assigned using by conventional units, percentages. We need to understand what those conventional units are based on in the old BFME and convert them into seconds and centimeters! The characteristics of game balance will come from BFME II patch 1.09.

Now, who is ready to measure the units characteristics of Isengard in BFME II, patch 1.09? The properties are:
-Running speed (centimeters per second)
-Attack speed (how long the attack lasts)
-Attack range measured in cm (for close and ranged units)
-Auto attack range (when unit spots the enemy and rushes to it automatically)
-Recruitment speed of units in seconds
-Vision range in cm
and all others...
Our programmers need all of this, that's why we'd appreciate a helping hand in that.
If anyone is ready to take this seriously and help, we will invite them to the first beta-test, which is not very far from now.

You can contact a member of the team regarding this:
- On the forum
- Via e-mail bfmereforged@gmail.com
- On discord (join our official discord https://discord.gg/cnYwQ5R)
Forum Moderator

Lostir

Re: Closed beta testing access opportunity!

Post by Lostir » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:27 pm

How do you intend to convert those values into centimeters? Do you have a conversion key between the BfME ingame distance system and cm, or is it the goal to create such a conversion key?
If the conversion key already exists, then the rest is just an easy extraction of values from the code for Vision (=standard attack range), ShroudClearing (=vision range), and AttackRange, or you could even use external programs. There exists atleast for Edain such a Searcher which returns all values for a selected unit.
Speed is a little bit tricker as I have forgotten what exactly the value specifies, but if I remember it correctly it should be distance/second.

For the recruitment speed the Buildtime can be even directly seen in the build object and is already in seconds. (The exception is the War of the Ring mode, where the buildtime means the number of turns).

Attackspeed/Attack Duration (are you sure what you really want to know?) is made up of three values:
-PreAttackDelay: the delay before the damage procs/the projectile leaves the unit
-DelayBetweenShots: the minimum delay between two attacks
-FiringDuration: the time the animation needs to finish before the unit is back in its start position
The actual attack duration is the maximum from (PreAttackDelay+FiringDuration,DelayBetweenShots). Also there should be noted that only DelayBetweenShots is affected by the RATE_OF_FIRE Modifier, but that one isn't used in the base game as far as I know. Another tricky thing that isn't used either as far as I know is, that there is also a PreAttackType, which defines when the PreAttackDelay is used (you could for example specify that only when reloading the PreAttackDelay is used and afterwards all attacks go a lot faster).

CHUpancake

Post by CHUpancake » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:24 pm

Heya... I have question about donating and getting beta testing access ... like for start where do I put my mail or something and how much do i need to donate to be in it. It's bit confussing cuz i never did it before... so .. thanks?

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:51 pm

CHUpancake wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:24 pm
Heya... I have question about donating and getting beta testing access ... like for start where do I put my mail or something and how much do i need to donate to be in it. It's bit confussing cuz i never did it before... so .. thanks?
Hi, thanks for showing your support for the game. I would like to refer you to the question Can i get early access to a (closed) beta by donating? Are there any other rewards if i donate? in the FAQ thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=163. You can also find an answer to your question in the comments there but I will repeat it here for you: Leaving your e-mail in the (I think) notes section of your donation will get you an e-mail update once the open beta is announced, it will not get you acces to any special rewards like a closed beta. Since this is a non-commercial project all we can do is say thank you if you donate and make sure it gets put to good use! There are no special awards for donating (except a better game of course).
Forum Moderator

CHUpancake

Post by CHUpancake » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:01 pm

Thank you sir, that is all i wanted to know :) ill give you sum of ma money