FAQ + Roadmap

Contains all available information about the game’s progress

Moderator: Solethria

Forenperser

Re: FAQ + Roadmap

Post by Forenperser » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:58 pm

Hey folks!

I just recently learned of this project and was so overjoyed :D
BFME has been my first favorite game on PC back in the days and I still from time to time return to play it, which makes me very excited to see how your project will turn out.

Just one quick question though: Why not recreate Rohan and Gondor, like in the original game, instead of the mashed together Men of the West faction as in BFME2?

Especially since you also plan on recreating Angmar later on. It would be more balanced, 4 evil and 4 good factions and all that.

Vibrioidimp7

Post by Vibrioidimp7 » Fri May 08, 2020 5:37 am

First of all, I wanna say I am beyond excited for this project. BFME 1 and 2 are two of my most favorite strategy games ever made, and to know that the series is being revived through a fan-made project for the modern day makes me wanna jump right back into the old games. H*ll, I've still got the first game on a really old PC at my house. Yeah, it runs like garbage, even on low settings, but it's still playable. And this is coming from both a strategy game fan and a LOTR fan. So thank you all for bringing a series I love back to life.

Second, I was a little confused at the answer for whether armies will be big or small. "Armies will be big, but hordes will be small."? Can I get a little explanation for what that means?

Third, will the men be put into one faction, or will they be split into Gondor and Rohan, like in BFME 1?

Please, and thank you.

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Fri May 08, 2020 4:59 pm

Hi, welcome to the both of you (i see i forgot to answer to the one from February :shock:)

To come back at the question of Rohan and Gondor and the faction of men. We have decided to let the faction remain Men of the West as it was in BFME2. There are a number of reasons for this decision. A couple of them are the fact that we follow the game design choice of BFME2 to make mixed factions. It is by design that factions are mixed and it allows a great variety of gameplay and inclution of different kinds of lore aspect, while not needlessly overbloating the game with (filler) content. This also allows our development process to be under less stress, because even creating the six base factions will be a tremendous task. What the future holds beyond these 6 factions, even Angmar, is so far in the future that there's no point to speculate on it.
Second, I was a little confused at the answer for whether armies will be big or small. "Armies will be big, but hordes will be small."? Can I get a little explanation for what that means?
The hordes (so the number count of individual unit groups) was smaller in BFME1 then it was in BFME2, mainly due to realistic collision we've decided to also make our hordes smaller. But, since the game will still based around the gameplay of BFME2 which is quite different from BFME1, the game will still allow for a greater number of hordes to be made and thus it is possible for a vast amount of hordes to be present like in BFME2, creating 'big armies'.

Hope that explains it!
Forum Moderator

Esparado87

Post by Esparado87 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:57 pm

Why are you making a Angmar faction, almost the whole faction is non canon and Angmar has been gone for over 1000 years by the time of war of the ring?
Even though Angmar was in ROTWK expansion does not mean it should be in BFME reforged.