Greetings and the flag of Gondor

Moderator: Solethria

Lord_of_Gondor

Greetings and the flag of Gondor

Post by Lord_of_Gondor » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:45 am

Hello noble fellow Tolkien fans, I am a big fan of the works of this legendary writer and his magnificents books and I love the movies equally, both The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. In the past I discovered The Battle for Middle Earth and fell in love equally and it is with amazement, fascination and pride that I came across this work of Reforge of this strategy game so magnificent that has always been in my top 10 very easily. The way this work is being conducted makes me realize that it is being done with passion and especially love and for me these are the main ingredients of any quality work. I offer myself to provide any help that is possible, as much as tips or informations about Tolkien and his works.

To start with, I would like to say that I am a particular fan of Gondor and I love its culture, architecture (inspired by medieval Romanesque and Byzantine architecture), art in general, clothes, weapons and armor and most importantly, its colors and its flag: the combination of achromatic colors, black, white, silver and variations of gray, has always attracted me aesthetically in the movies, so one of the biggest frustrations (of my life, by the way XD, seriously) was when I first played BFME and saw that the classic flag of Gondor, seen both in movies and books with the white colors of the tree with black in the background has been replaced by a flag with a dark navy blue in the game, I don't know why, but probably an aesthetic decision that I believe doesn't faithfully match the movies or even the books. What can I say? I am a detail oriented person, and I personally prefer the original design of the films which I mentioned above, and I believe the dark navy blue breaks a little bit that very beautiful achromatic color palette that represents Gondor. Don't get me wrong, I like blue, but I believe that it should be used in this faction occasionally, like any other color, red, green, anyway... and not in official heraldry and in gear and clothing as it happens in the original BFME.

I can give some examples with pictures and again, I am very happy to help in any way I can about Middle Earth and its cultures, as Gondor is where my heart lives, but I would be happy to help with tips on the design of any other nation and people to bring to life this world that we love.

I'm with you guys! Namarië...

Huntik43

Re: Greetings and the flag of Gondor

Post by Huntik43 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:24 pm

Hello,good luck for your question.

Tolkien RJJ

Re: Greetings and the flag of Gondor

Post by Tolkien RJJ » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:39 pm

Lord_of_Gondor wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:45 am
Hello noble fellow Tolkien fans, I am a big fan of the works of this legendary writer and his magnificents books and I love the movies equally, both The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. In the past I discovered The Battle for Middle Earth and fell in love equally and it is with amazement, fascination and pride that I came across this work of Reforge of this strategy game so magnificent that has always been in my top 10 very easily. The way this work is being conducted makes me realize that it is being done with passion and especially love and for me these are the main ingredients of any quality work. I offer myself to provide any help that is possible, as much as tips or informations about Tolkien and his works.

To start with, I would like to say that I am a particular fan of Gondor and I love its culture, architecture (inspired by medieval Romanesque and Byzantine architecture), art in general, clothes, weapons and armor and most importantly, its colors and its flag: the combination of achromatic colors, black, white, silver and variations of gray, has always attracted me aesthetically in the movies, so one of the biggest frustrations (of my life, by the way XD, seriously) was when I first played BFME and saw that the classic flag of Gondor, seen both in movies and books with the white colors of the tree with black in the background has been replaced by a flag with a dark navy blue in the game, I don't know why, but probably an aesthetic decision that I believe doesn't faithfully match the movies or even the books. What can I say? I am a detail oriented person, and I personally prefer the original design of the films which I mentioned above, and I believe the dark navy blue breaks a little bit that very beautiful achromatic color palette that represents Gondor. Don't get me wrong, I like blue, but I believe that it should be used in this faction occasionally, like any other color, red, green, anyway... and not in official heraldry and in gear and clothing as it happens in the original BFME.

I can give some examples with pictures and again, I am very happy to help in any way I can about Middle Earth and its cultures, as Gondor is where my heart lives, but I would be happy to help with tips on the design of any other nation and people to bring to life this world that we love.

I'm with you guys! Namarië...

I agree with you 100%. I hope this is implemented. Having said that I am a rohan fan, but I have full size flags on both Gondor and Rohan that I fly from my flag pole. Rohan is out there right now.