Shadow of War in BFME?

Moderator: Solethria

Tolke1n

Shadow of War in BFME?

Post by Tolke1n » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:14 am

Seeing how more factions will be added to Reforged in future, I've decided to give my own 2 cents if you will on a suggestion.

In the games, "Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor" and "Middle-Earth: Shadow of War", you play as a Ranger of Gondor named Talion. After he and his family were brutally murdered on the Black Gate, Celebrimbor, the Elven Lord that crafted the Rings of power, revived the Ranger. Seeing that they both sought vengeance against Sauron, Talion and Celebrimbor joined forces to enact their goal of revenge. In both of the games, Talion is able to dominate Orcs, Uruks, and in Shadow of War, Ologs, recruiting them into his own personal army. In Shadow of War, he wages war against Sauron's forces, and puts Mordor into a perpetual state of conflict, so that Middle-Earth can prepare for The War of The Ring.

If there is ever a chance of this happening, perhaps the team devoting their efforts to reforging this game from the ground up can add a faction called, "The Bright Lord", as that is one of the many titles Talion was given. I think this faction could be very unique to that of the other factions. For one, the start of a match for the faction only starts with Talion. The player will need to use Talion's powers to dominate random Orcs, Trolls, Ologs, or anything that can fight across the map to join his army. It would probably be best for a player to dominate builder orcs first, then, the player can actually create infrastructure to make more units. Or perhaps Talion has no buildings? This is still just an idea that popped into my head. If The Bright Lord is given buildings however, perhaps they can be given a mix of an Elvish and Gondorian design? Which symbolizes the woven fates between Talion and Celebrimbor.

Now, I know that perhaps some fans that prefer strictly canon LOTR stories may not like the idea of this faction being included. And I completely understand that, as the "Shadow of" games have some questionable story elements (Shelob taking the form of a woman and giving visions of the future, an Orc raising a Balrog from the dead, etc.) Nevertheless, perhaps the guys working on this remake can put my suggestion into consideration? Even if my idea is denied, I'll still be eagerly waiting for the chance to get an open beta on this reforged BFME.

See you during the War of The Ring.

Tolke1n.

Lostir

Re: Shadow of War in BFME?

Post by Lostir » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:13 pm

I'm against something like this.
I don't have a problem with slight non-cannon things like Angmar (not talking about the timeline problem, just about how lore acurate Angmar is). Angmar is based on a lot of things from the books, with holes filled by non-cannon stuff that fits more or less. The things directly contradiction lore a really few, with some things being far fetched, and the majority is based on the lore.
The same for the BfME2 good campaign. There are a lot missions which are directly based in lore, some which are possible, and some which are unlikely but not impossible.

Shadow of Mordor on the other hand is already based on a scenario that reaches from extremly unlikely to contradictory to lore. And the game just adds more and more things that are either directly contradictory or extremly unlikely. The game is in name only a Tolkien game.

Tolke1n

Post by Tolke1n » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:35 pm

Lostir wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:13 pm
I'm against something like this.
I don't have a problem with slight non-cannon things like Angmar (not talking about the timeline problem, just about how lore acurate Angmar is). Angmar is based on a lot of things from the books, with holes filled by non-cannon stuff that fits more or less. The things directly contradiction lore a really few, with some things being far fetched, and the majority is based on the lore.
The same for the BfME2 good campaign. There are a lot missions which are directly based in lore, some which are possible, and some which are unlikely but not impossible.

Shadow of Mordor on the other hand is already based on a scenario that reaches from extremly unlikely to contradictory to lore. And the game just adds more and more things that are either directly contradictory or extremly unlikely. The game is in name only a Tolkien game.
I completely understand that. You're not wrong in any regard in terms of the SoW and SoM lore. I mean, both games are officially non-canon, probably so Monolith Studios could have some more creative freedom with their project. This reason being why it'd be better for this faction to not have a campaign. It'd be better for it to be a multiplayer/singleplayer skirmish only faction, if it is made a faction at all.

Huntik43

Post by Huntik43 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:53 pm

I liked it
shadow of mordor but for reasons of lore and criticizable, I think, that monolith could have engaged more from the canonical point of view, but I would still like to see a faction of the "Shining gentleman" (too cool) but if we have to say it in many to convince the team working on it now (or in the future) breast nothing is done .... there are no mods on talion for bfme 1 or 2?

Tolke1n

Post by Tolke1n » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:21 am

Huntik43 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:53 pm
I liked it
shadow of mordor but for reasons of lore and criticizable, I think, that monolith could have engaged more from the canonical point of view, but I would still like to see a faction of the "Shining gentleman" (too cool) but if we have to say it in many to convince the team working on it now (or in the future) breast nothing is done .... there are no mods on talion for bfme 1 or 2?
I don't think there are many mods for SOW or SOM in the first BFME games. Please correct me if I am wrong on the matter however.

Huntik43

Post by Huntik43 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:42 pm

I don't know mod...for this i have propose this

Kimarous

Post by Kimarous » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:01 am

I am not against the notion myself. I think there's enough unique elements to the faction to make up a faction roster (numerous hero options from supporting cast, branded uruk troops, caragors and caragor riders, graugs with a "siege beast" variant, maybe even having ghuls as a spellbook summon)... honestly, the biggest issue is coming up with a building chain to support these units. Well, that and convincing the more stringent members of the fandom to accept such an inclusion.

(Also, Happy New Year!)