Start game BFME 1 style

Moderator: Solethria

Huntik43

Start game BFME 1 style

Post by Huntik43 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:54 am

in bfme 2 the problem is that it takes away the pace of the game because the builders and no unit of soldiers with which to start to get an advantage with exploding conquer outposts etc ..... the team could in the future allow each faction to have from the beginning two battalions chosen according to the strengths or weaknesses of the faction in bfme1 style? (in the war of the ring but at the beginning nothing like before only for skirmishes). I think it would be nice to see hello

Lostir

Re: Start game BFME 1 style

Post by Lostir » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:32 pm

I think I would like to see that.

Huntik43

Post by Huntik43 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:05 pm

what units do you think (if the reforged team thinks it's a good idea,.to do develop the gameplay in skirmishes against the computer)
Could they have faction skirmishes at the start of plays? For me it would be structured like this:
Men: 1b infantry, 1b cavalry
Dwarves: 1b guardians, 1b phalanges
Elves: 1b lorien warriors, 1b Spearmen from midhlon
Isengard:
1b Uruk-hai warriors,
1b Uruk-hai pikemen
Goblin: 1b goblin warriors, 1b horde of Spiders
Mordor: Orc horde, Mountain troll.
then tell me yours lostrin,good bye
Last edited by Huntik43 on Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:14 am

I don't think I like the usage of Cavalry and Monsters that much. If you would play with Elves against Men, you would instantly loose because Elves have no pikes, but Men have cavalry and therefore can just trample all the elven units.
Or the troll would be even worse, because it is pretty strong against buildings and could just destroy any resource building that is constructed against factions without pikes.
I also see a problem with archers as a starting unit, because on some maps which are used competitively like Buckland there are towers, and if you can send your archers into that at game start it is likely an autowin as well. But that can be avoided by not playing on those maps.

I would either give all factions just 2 sword battalions, or a special starting unit that works like a sword horde, but has faction specific strengthes.

Huntik43

Post by Huntik43 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:50 am

first thanks for the answer, second let's talk about how to solve the problem you say it is disadvantageous to have the cavalry from the beginning .... maybe but if they faced in the dwarves or isengard already with the spades already from the beginning you do not think they would remain on par then precisely with the archers already from the beginning to differentiate the factions a bit then the horses will knock them down immediately but it's up to you to decide how to use them .... having them from the beginning means attacking the most important dens (trolls, mound specters. ..)
Finaly i have change:elves now have Spearmen.
safely. for now or finished define what you mean by show if they are trolls or spiders (or both) and tell me the reasons why they should be then tell me some alternative substitutes, hello lostrin