Heavy armour upgrade realism.

Moderator: Solethria

Leg-less Greenleaf

Heavy armour upgrade realism.

Post by Leg-less Greenleaf » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:44 am

I know you are most certainly trying to make this game realistic in most ways and something I believe might be quite interesting and not thought of before would be a small addition to the heavy armour upgrade. The way this could work would make it so your units are a tiny bit slower than units without heavy armour, not so much that it's a choice between extra armour or extra speed, but enough to make it noticeable when moving troops around! I think it would add a little more depth to the game which in turn makes everything seem so much bigger. Also, fantastic work as always, I can't WAIT for this game but I also can so take your time. :) :)

Lostir

Re: Heavy armour upgrade realism.

Post by Lostir » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:54 pm

Not sure about it. I always like descisions with up and down sides, but it feels that this could have to have too many downsides, even if the slow is really small. Because if you buy heavy armor and that means you can never retreat your troops afterwards, because enemies are faster, that is really a problem. It would be different if there were other defensive upgrade choices or more different ways to make units tankier, but in the classic BfME it wouldn't be good.

Leg-less Greenleaf

Re: Heavy armour upgrade realism.

Post by Leg-less Greenleaf » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:34 am

Makes sense now that I think about it that way. It would probably work with a more fleshed out troop upgrades system but yeah, not in BFME