Cavalry dwarves

Moderator: Solethria

Tycho

Cavalry dwarves

Post by Tycho » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:02 am

So we all know how viable a good cavalry charge can be...It doesn't just apply for some cool effect but, it also has a wide range of skills and importance behind the use of a charge. Now I am wondering....

Isengard has wargs
Humans have horses
Goblins will (I assume) have spider riders
Mordor will be having mumakil
Dwarves will be having? a guy in a cart like from BFME2

Now im wondering....What do people think of "Ram riders" or how its called in the movie (The hobbit: Battle of the five armies) "Goat riders". I personally think it would be great to see the dwarves have some more cavalry abilities. And I think it would be kinda fun to see the hero "Thorin" for example climb some rock part cus he is mounted on a goat. Ofcourse it is all speculation but I think there are some great options there...since in BFME 2 shellob was able to climb around entire mountains :P But I am not looking for that since it is kinda OP...just would be fun if dwarves cavalry would be consisted of more then just a cart. And we all seen the goat riders in action it isn't made up nonsense:D

Im not saying it HAS to be in the game...but I believe it can be fun if it became part of it.

Lostir

Re: Cavalry dwarves

Post by Lostir » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:59 pm

I don't think all factions have to have cavalry, and the dwarves having battle-wagons instead of regular cavalry makes them more unique and distinct from other factions.

I think they would be great as part of the spellbook.

Tycho

Post by Tycho » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:45 pm

I love that people are replying☺️ Makes it discussable and a real topic^^

And I get your point with not every faction needs to have cavalry. However most factions already own some sort of cavalry. And I think the “goat riders” make a unique twist to the dwarves so maybe an option to get “goat riders” or the “chariot/cart”

As a spell from the spellbook is an viable option I will not deny this... but if there is a thorin hero (if).... then it will be fun to see him mount a goat as mount and have more goat riders along with him. So the goats become a distinctive aspect of the dwarfs just like in the movies🤗

But ofcourse then you have the question how far you wanna copy the hobbit etc because if you copy one thing you gotta copy it all🤷🏼‍♂️

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:28 pm

I like the idea of a descision. Either get cavalry for stronger offense and map pressure, or get battle wagons for better army support and objective control.

Concerning Thorin, I don'T remember if there has been anything said about the timeline of the dwarves. If they will only be during the Hobbit, the War of the Ring, or both. So maybe, Thorin won't be a hero at all, which would be sad but possible.

Anyway, another possibility would be for Thorin to permanently summon Ram Riders, or he has a passive ability to make them available.
However most factions already own some sort of cavalry.
I'd argue that that is already a problem that factions are a lot less distinctive in BfME2 than they were in BfME1. But there are still some differences between cavalry types. There are trolls, which are monsters, Warg Riders, which are really good at taking on enemy cavalry, or Cavalry that mainly is good at trampling.

Tycho

Post by Tycho » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:38 pm

As far as I can tell from the discord... it LOOKS like thorin is an active hero, but we can’t know anything for sure obviously:)

I like the idea of Thorin being able to summon “Goat Riders” it will be some sort of same effect as with Aragorn and his Ghost army. However if “Goat Riders” will be summon able. I rather see Dain summon them since he had them in his army at the battle of five armies.

I agree with you that too much cavalry will not be the way to go:) since you might, run in to the issue that everyone will be only using cavalry or something🤷🏼‍♂️ But making the rams either a spell or a hero abillity can be good fun😁