Single Player Pause?

Moderator: Solethria

Kumquatwhat

Single Player Pause?

Post by Kumquatwhat » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:51 pm

I just found out about this and I am so excited.

I do have one question though. Over time I've gotten in the habit of pseudo-RTS games that let you, in single player (and the odd one in multiplayer but that never ends well), pause to issue commands but otherwise run at a steady pace. Is the development team open to including this for single player? Thoughts?

Super stoked to see where this goes regardless! :D

Floris

Re: Single Player Pause?

Post by Floris » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:43 pm

I guess its a possible feature.

Though it gives you a pretty big advantage since you can time powers and other abilities much better while the computer can't. Although they will just calculate what is best at that exact moment anyway depending on their difficulty.

So in the end it would make your life a little easier in CPU games but I would probably not even use it since doing it real time hones my, map/area awareness, reaction time/skill to get the perfect unit/power combo out fast as possible at the right moment.

That's my two cents anyway.
“I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.”

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:00 am

It would also be nice for taking screenshots from the perfect angle.

Kumquatwhat

Post by Kumquatwhat » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:12 pm

Floris wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:43 pm
So in the end it would make your life a little easier in CPU games but I would probably not even use it since doing it real time hones my, map/area awareness, reaction time/skill to get the perfect unit/power combo out fast as possible at the right moment.
Definitely not for competitive play or real practice, this I was thinking more of just "I want to unwind and play a nice relaxing game without worrying about having to time everything just right". Sometimes it's nice not to push yourself to the maximum, y'know?

And you can just ignore it otherwise. It wouldn't affect the AI either way, as you say, it just reacts based on what's happening at each second.
Lostir wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:00 am
It would also be nice for taking screenshots from the perfect angle.
Oh man, I didn't even think of this! But you're absolutely right, especially with them showing off the 3rd person unit-following view.