Marketplaces,Inns,Beacons

Moderator: Solethria

TheGardOfIsen

Marketplaces,Inns,Beacons

Post by TheGardOfIsen » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:33 pm

I was wondering whether the natural structures would exist in the game. I would like to see them in the game but maybe slightly tweaked as some where either pointless or not to influential at stages of the game.

Marketplaces i think are nice as its a good resource boost early game but perhaps they can be upgraded with things like increased production or maybe offering command points.

Inns i don't like the idea of offering special units i will explain why when i get to the beacons. I would like to see them as a sought of camp in a sense that it heals units (offering a larger use to evil factions) offers maybe a leader ship bonus and an arrow tower or two perhaps. I think a nice idea would be that you could place units inside and after say 30 secs to 1m they leave with upgrades or one random upgrade. Again they could be upgraded to have a greater use later game.

Beacons!!! In the lotr universe beacons where used as a way to call for reinforcements. In the edain mod for bfme 2 they periodically call in 1 or 2 units. The idea was good but i think it would be much more nostalgic if they called in much greater armies specific to the factions that light it. They are a one time use building and once captured offers they player to call in reinforcements for a high amount of resources and command points so ideally used for when a player is in need of aid mid-late game. Once this is paid, a flag appears in the top left of whatever faction the reinforcements are from with a timer attached (10m maybe) the player then clicks the flag and almost a cut scene plays and the army arrives. Just like in bfme 1 campaign. I think this would be good because each time a major army of reinforcments arrives an epic speech or piece of music plays; Theodens Speech, Dains Speech, Haradrim horn and chants, last alliance sound track, Azogs war cry and horns, Isengard never really had reinforcemnts but they have pretty epic music so yeah i guess that would be pretty cool. Here is what i propose for these reinforcements:

Mordor: Haradrim and mumakil.

Dwarves: Iron hills armies (king dain and ram riders etc. from the battle of the five armies) or elves.

Isengard: Mordor or dunland i guess.

Men: Could Get Either Rohirrim or temporary army of the dead and permanent legolas gimli and aragorn if not already present.

Elves: Dwarves or maybe men from the last alliance and elendil isildur etc.

Goblins/Wild: maybe gundabad orcs and bats also bolg if there was a plan to add him that should be how hes summoned
in my opinion.

Angmar?: if Angmar is added i dont have many ideas but i think men of Rhudaur possibly.

Docks: I dont really care what you do with docks i was never a fan of naval warfare.

Overall i think these buildings can have a much bigger part of the game and also adds a sense of a secondary objective rather than just obliterate your opponent. Also the reinforcements allow extra heroes and units that would be otherwise unavailable for the corresponding faction. Obviously would take a long time to add in and I'm thinking for the far future. Thank you to the bfme reforged team I cannot wait take as much time as you need to make the game amazing.

Lostir

Re: Marketplaces,Inns,Beacons

Post by Lostir » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:39 am

I'm a big fan of those points of interest on the map that are worth fighting for.
But would you really remove Hobbits as a buildable unit?

TheGardOfIsen

Post by TheGardOfIsen » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:50 pm

Lostir wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:39 am
I'm a big fan of those points of interest on the map that are worth fighting for.
But would you really remove Hobbits as a buildable unit?
I mean as much as i love trying to beat a brutal ai with only hobbits i think that there are much better uses for the structures.

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:32 am

Well... I must say that some of your ideas ar good but... if you don't mind, I will show here some of mine ideas.

1. Marketplace (at first I had a problem to recognize which building it was, becouse in Polish it was called "Posterunek" what means "Outpost")- I agree that it function in oryginal game was small and it was mostly useless. So giving it this upgreads which you said would be a good idea.

2.Inns- here I must disagree with you. I mean okay, you have a point that special units from the inns isn't the most logical thing in game but I also like when units go out from inn. So I propuse small changes here. One, adding to that possibility to recruit special hero from the inn (I even started working at ideas for them). Two, still recruting new units from the inn but... it should be like units which you really would find in the inn.

1. Men of the West- Dunedains

2. Elves- Hobbits

3. Dwarfs- Men from Dale or some kind of dwarf sellswords

4. Mordor- Corsairs from Umbar

5. Isengard- Bandits or Wild People from Dunland

6. Goblins- Bandits

7. Angmar- Black Numenorian or Traitors from Arnor

3. Beacons- I agree that thei could be more usefull. And I agree with your idea. Like when you control a beacon, two random units of your fraction will appear near it to help you.

TheGardOfIsen

Post by TheGardOfIsen » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:22 pm

WerewolfMoonHunter wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:32 am
Well... I must say that some of your ideas ar good but... if you don't mind, I will show here some of mine ideas.

1. Marketplace (at first I had a problem to recognize which building it was, becouse in Polish it was called "Posterunek" what means "Outpost")- I agree that it function in oryginal game was small and it was mostly useless. So giving it this upgreads which you said would be a good idea.

2.Inns- here I must disagree with you. I mean okay, you have a point that special units from the inns isn't the most logical thing in game but I also like when units go out from inn. So I propuse small changes here. One, adding to that possibility to recruit special hero from the inn (I even started working at ideas for them). Two, still recruting new units from the inn but... it should be like units which you really would find in the inn.

1. Men of the West- Dunedains

2. Elves- Hobbits

3. Dwarfs- Men from Dale or some kind of dwarf sellswords

4. Mordor- Corsairs from Umbar

5. Isengard- Bandits or Wild People from Dunland

6. Goblins- Bandits

7. Angmar- Black Numenorian or Traitors from Arnor

3. Beacons- I agree that thei could be more usefull. And I agree with your idea. Like when you control a beacon, two random units of your fraction will appear near it to help you.
Thanks for the feedback! But the beacons would have to be more than a single use if it’s just a couple of units. That’s why I proposed the army reinforcements so that the single use is worth it.
To be honest I really like the idea of being able to summon heroes from the inn perhaps other inn units too, like dunedain archers but also dunedain swordsman etc.