Isengard new unit

Moderator: Solethria

Saruman Rainbowman

Isengard new unit

Post by Saruman Rainbowman » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:55 pm

Hi, I don't know if it's possible, but while I was looking at a mod for the upcoming game Mount and Blade Bannerlord, I stumbled upon a very appealing unit concept for Isengard (image below) which is the Guard of Orthanc.
Would it be feasible to add something similar, maybe as a mid-game tankier Dunlending unit or as a mini heroic unit?
Attachments
Screenshot_20200218-134852_Chrome.jpg

WerewolfMoonHunter

Re: Isengard new unit

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:34 pm

I like this idea :D

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:28 pm

I always imagined Orthanc Guards with spears. But I don't have anything against them with swords.
Being a elite or heroic tank unit sounds good.

Saruman Rainbowman

Post by Saruman Rainbowman » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:51 pm

Lostir wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:28 pm
I always imagined Orthanc Guards with spears. But I don't have anything against them with swords.
Being a elite or heroic tank unit sounds good.

It looks more of a polearm rather than a proper uruk sword, but it adds both a barbaric and warrior-like feel to the Dunlendings rather than the usual Wildmen rabble.
Also, I think the Dunland subfaction needs an unit for middle-late game, it would add some variety in the troops composition

Jet Xot

Post by Jet Xot » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:22 am

I like de design, but what concept is this unit?

Isengard have low tier infantry (dunledand), excelent mid-high infantry (Uruks are maybe the best infantry unit in the game), and have an elite infantry unit (berseker). Isengard have a good balance of units.

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:11 am

What about a tank unit? They could regenerate part of their HP on every hit similar to barrow-wights and fight on after death.
This way they would be the opposite of Berserkers (high damage, small survivability) but still would fit into Isengards playstyle by having to be in battle to be able to tank.

Zagloba

Post by Zagloba » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:39 am

For me, it is: more content pumped into the game = more fun. This idea seems really good, as Isengard has no monsters an a unit of super-heavy elite infantry could make up for it.
"If we die this deh we die in gloareh, we die heroes' deffs, but we shall not die, no! It is the enemeh who will tehste
deff and defeat!"

Ravager

Post by Ravager » Tue May 12, 2020 4:37 am

Meh too OP, if Isengard have these guys and Berserkers, nothing would stop them. Isengard is already the most diverse team next to Mordor

hidanio

Post by hidanio » Sat May 16, 2020 5:41 am

Saruman Rainbowman wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:55 pm
Hi, I don't know if it's possible, but while I was looking at a mod for the upcoming game Mount and Blade Bannerlord, I stumbled upon a very appealing unit concept for Isengard (image below) which is the Guard of Orthanc.
Would it be feasible to add something similar, maybe as a mid-game tankier Dunlending unit or as a mini heroic unit?
Did you play in The Onset of Darkness mod? This type of troops is present in this mod in the form of "unique units." First of all, the task now is to make a workable remake, and only then to supplement and modify it in accordance with the vision of community. Test and try many versions, otherwise it will all be like divination