Sauron

Moderator: Solethria

Neithan

Sauron

Post by Neithan » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:39 pm

It would be fantastic if we could summon the Sauron's elven form from the fortress like a normal hero. Sauron also could change his form to a dreadful wolf or vampire like he did in his fight with the Huan. Moreover, if we find the gollum and take the ring from him, we could see Sauron like in the movies with his armored Dark lord form maybe we would do this with a 10 level skill. Also we can add a ability to Dark Lord which he will summon black uruk hordes.
Take a look at the section about Sauron please: https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Shape_Shifters

https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Vampire

Plus, we can create a Treebeard ability that transforms the trees into Huorns in a selected area or we can use this instead of summoning Ents from spellbook.

Archaon | Everchosen

Re: Sauron

Post by Archaon | Everchosen » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:09 am

Sauron having multiple forms doesn't make sense. He lost that power ages ago and has no way to get the power back, it is now lost to him - and multiple forms are just button bloat. His Dark Lord form should really only be with the ring.
"I am the Final Moment made flesh. I stand here on this mountain, and I will sit on this throne. I will be the axis upon which the wheel of change turns, and the world will drown in the light of unborn stars."

hidanio

Post by hidanio » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:08 pm

Archaon | Everchosen wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:09 am
Sauron having multiple forms doesn't make sense. He lost that power ages ago and has no way to get the power back, it is now lost to him - and multiple forms are just button bloat. His Dark Lord form should really only be with the ring.
With the ring, this would be a matter of time, as would Sauron's return to Middle-earth after his defeat. I believe that it is worth making a sauron branch in the spell book, pumping which you can return part of the force to him and open more powerful troops.

Sauron branch:
1. Eye of Sauron (buff)
2. The return of Sauron in the form of a Necromancer (Debuffs, army buffs, the appearance of the Nazguls, the transformation of troops into grave spirits, new troops, etc.)
3. The return of the physical body
4. etc
The bottom line is that if you kill Sauron, you can’t resurrect him or you will have to re-invest points
Last edited by Solethria on Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double posts

Archaon | Everchosen

Post by Archaon | Everchosen » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:20 am

hidanio wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:08 pm
Archaon | Everchosen wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:09 am
With the ring, this would be a matter of time, as would Sauron's return to Middle-earth after his defeat. I believe that it is worth making a sauron branch in the spell book, pumping which you can return part of the force to him and open more powerful troops.
Do you have a source that implies this?
[Sauron] had been obliged to let a great part of his own inherent power (a frequent and very significant motive in myth and fairy-story) pass into the One Ring. While he wore it, his power on earth was actually enhanced. But even if he did not wear it, that power existed and was in 'rapport' with himself: he was not 'diminished'. Unless some other seized it and became possessed of it. If that happened, the new possessor could (if sufficently strong and heroic by nature) challenge Sauron, become master of all that he had learned or done since the making of the One Ring, and so overthrow him and usurp his place. This was the essential weakness he had introduced into his situation in his effort (largely unsuccessful) to enslave the Elves, and in his desire to establish a control over the minds and wills of his servants.

-- "To Milton Wadman" (The Letters of JRR Tolkien, Letter 131)
But Sauron was not of mortal flesh, and though he was robbed now of that shape in which he had wrought so great an evil, so that he could never again appear fair to the eyes of Men, yet his spirit arose out of the deep and passed as a shadow and a black wind over the sea, and came back to Middle-earth and to Mordor that was his home.

The Silmarillion IV Akallabêth
This occurs when Sauron already made the ring but lost his fair form, so it is unlikely he would get any of his old powers back.
"I am the Final Moment made flesh. I stand here on this mountain, and I will sit on this throne. I will be the axis upon which the wheel of change turns, and the world will drown in the light of unborn stars."