Much desired unit function from BFME1

Moderator: Solethria

Snottleif

Much desired unit function from BFME1

Post by Snottleif » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:53 pm

I dont know if this is the right way to put out my wish for Reforged - and if its the wrong way, i am sorry.

Like many others, i would like to thank you all for remaking this game and i CANT WAIT for it to be available! Im going to donate to help you all stay motivated and put much love into the game!

To the topic:
One sorely missed function we lost in BFME2 and WOTWK was the possiblity to merge for example archers with spearmen (and ofc. other units). I remember leveling up Uruk pikemen and crossbowmen to the fullest and being unstoppable in the late game. Is this smart to implement in the game - i think its fairly harmless. And also, could you then add the possibilities to UNmerge them also?
Also pointing out one GREAT thing we got from the other games was the "line up units-tool". I used it all the time.

Some agree? Could "we" upgrade the idea?

Again - THANK YOU!

Solethria

Re: Much desired unit function from BFME1

Post by Solethria » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:39 pm

Snottleif wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:53 pm
I dont know if this is the right way to put out my wish for Reforged - and if its the wrong way, i am sorry.

Like many others, i would like to thank you all for remaking this game and i CANT WAIT for it to be available! Im going to donate to help you all stay motivated and put much love into the game!
Hi, welcome to the forum and thanks for your support! As of now we have no plans for unit merging, i'd say we won't end up adding that but it is among the more flexible design choices so who knows.

Agreed, the unit line-up is a must, if not at launch it for sure will be there at some point. Preferably with wider formation functionalities.
Forum Moderator

Snottleif

Post by Snottleif » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:08 pm

Thats very fine! As i hope i got out there, im just happy if i can play something even similar to the BFME franchise! KEEP THIS GODLIKE WORK UP!

sgdnnch

Post by sgdnnch » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:12 pm

Hello! To be honest, I am so happy that I've come across the website, the project itself! I wish you good luck and nice doneation8)

Must confess' my favorite unit in the BfME is the Tower guard. I love their shields and appearance and the way they can form the shields wall! So i was surprised when i found no shields and therefore no line formation in the second part! It was so obvious they must wield those shields and be unbreakable but it was just gone.

Another thing i wanted to mention doesn't concern unit function itself but still: in the BfME arrows hadd nice and beautiful flight trajectory, path: slightly curved.. not like horrible arch in BfME2 even short distance! Well unless it is scattered volley.. It seems to me that a straight shot should have the straight fly path.

Excuse my cheek but I dare ask if the infantry interaction mechanics will be like like one in BfME when one squad could just pass through another? Yes, taking damage, even dying but still it was like 'c'mon, guys ive set up the whole company to stop you and you just went through?" :mrgreen:

Anyway thank you for your attention and efforts! You are great!

Zagloba

Post by Zagloba » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:42 am

sgdnnch wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:12 pm
Another thing i wanted to mention doesn't concern unit function itself but still: in the BfME arrows hadd nice and beautiful flight trajectory, path: slightly curved.. not like horrible arch in BfME2 even short distance! Well unless it is scattered volley.. It seems to me that a straight shot should have the straight fly path.
Yes, I also hate the "laser arrows" from BFME2. They look horrible. Was it even possible for archers to miss? I am sure arrows always acted like lightspeed homing missiles and were able to hit the target even if it was a cav unit in full gallop.
Hope this will be changed to a more realistic mechanic, where arrows actually submit to the laws of physics. Also, ranged units always having their missiles on fire was likewise an ugly sight. Their bows would burn :?. Hope that there is a more visually appealing way to indicate the upgrade.
"If we die this deh we die in gloareh, we die heroes' deffs, but we shall not die, no! It is the enemeh who will tehste
deff and defeat!"

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:14 pm

sgdnnch wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:12 pm
Excuse my cheek but I dare ask if the infantry interaction mechanics will be like like one in BfME when one squad could just pass through another? Yes, taking damage, even dying but still it was like 'c'mon, guys ive set up the whole company to stop you and you just went through?" :mrgreen:
Hi, welcome to the forum! I'm not sure what you mean by passing through, friendly vs friendly or enemies. Because only cavalry of the enemy really can pass through effectively. In any case, we aim for realistic collision in Reforged which means no passing through.
Forum Moderator

Ravager

Post by Ravager » Tue May 12, 2020 2:00 am

That's one thing I missed about BFME1 that they didn't incorporate in BFME2. The only thing that bugged me is that once you merged them, you couldn't seperate them again. How hard would it be to make them so they could merge and seperate them while keeping their own banner and keep their experience points accordingly?