Lairs idea

Moderator: Solethria

Arwathoes

Lairs idea

Post by Arwathoes » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:41 am

What if lairs were more involved in the game? It's boring how they just sit there and wait to be attacked. What if they were their own small faction that if left unchecked could increase their numbers over time, and go out and attack players or each other? and maybe a new reward besides gold when you kill them. Perhaps evil could buy them out for gold like the campaign did for the Haradrim in bfme1? And maybe good could salvage survivors from the ruins, or weapons that give upgrades for a certain amount units? Just brainstorming, what do you think?

Solethria

Re: Lairs idea

Post by Solethria » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:42 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum! I have to agree, it would be interesting to at least have their power be increased the longer the game goes. I'm not really a fan of them actively interfering in the gameplay, but they should be a high risk/high reward kind of thing if they end up staying alive long throughout the game.

Perhaps we'll do something like that, i'd say it is highly possible at some point.
Forum Moderator

Lostir

Re: Lairs idea

Post by Lostir » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:20 pm

Maybe they first have to reach level 2 by killing enough enemies. So you can sacrifice one of your hordes to feed a lair close to your enemy.