What type of building mechanics will be implemented into the game?

Moderator: Solethria

Snoppiel

What type of building mechanics will be implemented into the game?

Post by Snoppiel » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:39 am

Will the game use the building mechanics from BFME 1 or 2?
This has a lot to say for me personally, because the way you build will effect the way you play the game.

Zagloba

Re: What type of building mechanics will be implemented into the game?

Post by Zagloba » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:26 pm

They have said that the game's building system will be based on the second part.
"If we die this deh we die in gloareh, we die heroes' deffs, but we shall not die, no! It is the enemeh who will tehste
deff and defeat!"

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:41 am

Snoppiel wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:39 am
Will the game use the building mechanics from BFME 1 or 2?
This has a lot to say for me personally, because the way you build will effect the way you play the game.
Hi, welcome to the forum first of all! The game will indeed have a building system like bfme2. Overall multiplayer will be based on bfme2 and 1.09 as the initial starting point for the balance (heavily changed based on what suits BFME: Reforged).
Forum Moderator

OneEyedBear

Post by OneEyedBear » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:11 pm

By building mechanics do you mean whether there are building plots or whether you will have free build?

I think there will be no building plots, and I think that is a mistake.

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:03 pm

Building mechanics could also mean wether there is free level up versus level up by upgrade versus level up by production.
Yes, there will be no build plots (except if you count those for castle expensitions which will probably still be there). And as the community is heavily torn up on the question which build system was better one descision has to be made. And basing it on BfME2 is probably the better descision if most of the rest is based on it too.

OneEyedBear

Post by OneEyedBear » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:11 pm

Lostir wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:03 pm
Building mechanics could also mean wether there is free level up versus level up by upgrade versus level up by production.
Yes, there will be no build plots (except if you count those for castle expensitions which will probably still be there). And as the community is heavily torn up on the question which build system was better one descision has to be made. And basing it on BfME2 is probably the better descision if most of the rest is based on it too.
I don't really agree that basing it on BFME 2 is a better decision just because the rest of it is based on BFME 2. As long as an entirely new game is being made the best aspects of every BFME should be combined to make the best possible experience. There are things that I think should be used from each BFME.

JoshOakman

Post by JoshOakman » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:30 am

Hi all,
Just wondering what the wall mechanics will be? Personally, I think that the walls from bfme2 were completely useless and might as well not have been in the game. The walls from no. 1 were alot more important and implemented better (eg. Could maneuver units on them and create extensions with catapults, towers, etc.) As well as they made the game feel like playing in a real Middle Earth with real sieges.

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:52 pm

JoshOakman wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:30 am
Just wondering what the wall mechanics will be?
Hi, first of all welcome to the forum! We've actually had a brief conversation about this on our Community Discord yesterday. Someone made about the same argument, this was my response:
That's why walls just in general won't be there at first. We will have to look at them and rethink them to make sure they have the right purpose in the game. Also it's a lot of development time for an underused feature
So, walls are currently not decided on and we'll see later how we can implement them in a different way. I agree they are not in the best spot within the game.
Forum Moderator