In-Game Music!

Moderator: Solethria

stormbringer

Re: In-Game Music!

Post by stormbringer » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:20 am

Maybe we could have an easy option to mod it?. We could have a "official" mod to put the music we want without compromising the developers?

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:12 am

I think that would perfectly solve the problem. And at least in the vanilla games, modding the music doesn't cause any problems at playing MP with people who didn't.

LordPanda

Post by LordPanda » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:12 am

Or take a leaf from the OpenRA project perhaps? If you own the original BfME games, then there is an option for you to copy the music and any other relevant assets (such as sound fx/voiceovers) over to Reforged.

Zagloba

Post by Zagloba » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:34 am

The original soundtrack was great, but I would love to hear something new!
"A new power is rising!"

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:25 pm

LordPanda wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:12 am
Or take a leaf from the OpenRA project perhaps? If you own the original BfME games, then there is an option for you to copy the music and any other relevant assets (such as sound fx/voiceovers) over to Reforged.
That is honestly a really great idea.

echo

Post by echo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:21 pm

Just wanted to share this with you all:
"The list of changes is not over yet, because Team BFME: Reforged was lucky to have two gifted composers who will help to breathe life into the game and add new musical themes for each faction and respective situations like engaging in a battle or retreat." - Maroni (https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-battle-f ... ta-version)

I found it a bit of a shock that they hadn't posted it on the forums that they where planing on making all of their own soundtracks (then again, maybe I am the only one who really is worried about the quality of the music).
You can hear it in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHm70dRE3s0

Even more hyped now,
Echo

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:30 pm

echo wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:21 pm
I found it a bit of a shock that they hadn't posted it on the forums that they where planing on making all of their own soundtracks (then again, maybe I am the only one who really is worried about the quality of the music).
You can hear it in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHm70dRE3s0

Even more hyped now,
Echo
Oops, you're completely right Echo. This is something we/i missed once we transitioned into the new forum. I will make sure these details will be listed on the forum soon and tipped on the Discord. Thanks for reminding us and the community :D

- Solethria
Forum Moderator

stormbringer

Post by stormbringer » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:16 am

I dont like the idea of new music. :(

Jokuc

Post by Jokuc » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:30 pm

Would really like to hear some more music from the movies and the hobbit but there might be even riskier with all copyright issues regarding that so I'm really hyped for new music! Though I want to stress that you'll have to be prepared to delete some of the new music if a lot of people don't like some of the new soundtracks. I don't think you should only go with the original music.
Try my latest BFME2 map: Tower Hills 1v1

dusanak

Post by dusanak » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:37 pm

Have you heard of Clamavi de Profundis? They are a group of people reworking Tolkien music. They have done some amazing work. Have you thought of including some of their work in BFME: Reforged? Probably as menu music though, they do mostly (or only) songs which are quite calm. Not fit for battle music.https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8prZ ... 0A3XX4EWxQ