Moderator: Solethria

Lostir

Re: Factions

Post by Lostir » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:41 pm

Silinef wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:29 pm
Lostir wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:46 pm
I agree that woodelves and high elves should be seperated, but I don't think Mirkwood and Lorien should be seperated too, as they are far too similar.
I disagree that Mirkwood and Lorien is the same. We have huge amount of egzamples of units from the Hobbit (Mirkwood), and few from LOTR (Lorien). People turn on your imagination and add new units based on the characteristic features of every faction. Also we have to know differences between elven factions, we can find those unique features. Rivendell can have strong elven cavalry with Glorfindel, strong pickes, but weaker archers and infantry. Lorien has the best archers and a lot of unique archers, weaker other positions. Mirkwood has stronger infantry and archers, we have seen great models from the Hobbit. So we can Combine and have fun from that.
The thing is not just having enough different models to add tons of units, but to make the factions different and thematically independent. And Lorien and Mirkwood share far too much of the same thematics. They are both woodelven realms centered around stealth, ambushes and archery.

And I agree with the post above that each faction should be unique, but that is something that is manageable for more than just 6 factions,as Edain has shown. And of course they won't include all factions at the start, but nonetheless I'd wish for elves and men each being split into two in the end.

Lhtn

Post by Lhtn » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:51 am

In the Factions of the game, the units we can choose out also the heroes will be based only on the official games or we will have characters that appeared in the movies but were not represented in the game as in the case of Rohan the Hama and Gamling, or Mordor in the possibility of buying all 9 Nazgul, etc.

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:00 am

Lhtn wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:51 am
In the Factions of the game, the units we can choose out also the heroes will be based only on the official games or we will have characters that appeared in the movies but were not represented in the game as in the case of Rohan the Hama and Gamling, or Mordor in the possibility of buying all 9 Nazgul, etc.
Yes, there will be more heroes added to the game if they feel a faction needs one and it fits well. For example, they are looking to add Ugluk as a hero to Isengard.
Forum Moderator

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:02 am

The latter, even if not all characters might make it, as they probably don't want to add to many heroes. But there is for example a discussion about Ugluk right now, and I'm expecting more characters for the dwarves and goblins.

[RiZe]Hypnotix

Post by [RiZe]Hypnotix » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:21 pm

To many Factions will Unbalance the Game and its better with the Standart-Factions , i think thats the best way :roll:
Achilles: Myrmidons! My brothers of the sword! I would rather fight beside you than any army of thousands! Let no man forget how menacing we are! We are lions! Do you know what's there, waiting beyond that beach? Immortality! Take it! It's yours!

Oloringrey

Post by Oloringrey » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:09 am

Gondor with Dol Amroth. plus Rohan support.
Arnor With Support of Elves & Hobbits.
Angmar.
Rohan with Druadan & Gondor support.
Blue Mountains with Khazad Dum ( introduced like premium units which could be accessible through research)
Erebor with Iron Hills & Dale/Lake Town
Rivendell with Mithlond. Dunedains & Hobbits in support.
Lothlorien with Mirkwood, Ents. with support of Beornings.
Isengard with Dunland & typical orcs in support.
Mordor with Umbar, Rhun & Harad.
Goblins united. without Mountain gaints, Spider riders!

j.hansch

Post by j.hansch » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:19 pm

i think these basic factions should be mand and then later in an update : you can chose the factions more specific

for example

Faction > free people

Race : men

nation : rohan

or

Faction > saurons hords

Race : Orcs

Nation : gundabad

or

Faction > suarons hords

Race : men

Nation : ruhn / harad

I would set all orcs , goblins , mordor and isengard under saurons hords

and all the free people under free people ( men + elves + dwarvs + some sort of bree / shire faction if possible )

but first making the base game is more important

DarthGrendel

Post by DarthGrendel » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:17 pm

Hello all!

I am new to the forum but I am definitely not new to BFME. I’ve been playing since I was 11 and I am now 23. I was sad to see it lose support and it’s hard to get a copy of the game to work today.

I would like to propose an idea for the debate on where the hobbits should be as far as the faction they will be attached to. It would make more sense to leave the factions to the original 6 of BMFE 2 except for these changes:
1. Include Angmar from the expansion pack.
2. Change the faction of Men into 3 factions
- Rohan
- Gondor
- Arnor
3. Attach the hobbits to the faction of Arnor as it was that faction who originally took the burden of protecting the borders of the hobbits with help from the Noldor.
4. The Men of Rhudar would not be apart of Arnor. In Lore they sided with the Witch King in the wars in Eriador.
DarthGrendel

Zagloba

Post by Zagloba » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:29 pm

DarthGrendel wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:17 pm
I would like to propose an idea for the debate on where the hobbits should be as far as the faction they will be attached to. It would make more sense to leave the factions to the original 6 of BMFE 2 except for these changes:
1. Include Angmar from the expansion pack.
2. Change the faction of Men into 3 factions
- Rohan
- Gondor
- Arnor
3. Attach the hobbits to the faction of Arnor as it was that faction who originally took the burden of protecting the borders of the hobbits with help from the Noldor.
4. The Men of Rhudar would not be apart of Arnor. In Lore they sided with the Witch King in the wars in Eriador.
I like your idea for adding Rohan back... but is Arnor necessary? The heroes would make the only difference with Gondor, they are of the same civilization. If you think I am wrong, please prove that creating Arnor is needed in any way. :)
"A new power is rising!"

Felinosa

Post by Felinosa » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:55 am

I would separate the men in Rohan and Gondor as the first delivery, basic, easy and effective.

And Isengard need more heroes, the super uruk-hai and Saruman ye, but need Grima maybe