My alternative to CaH

Moderator: Solethria

BlackDouglasOK

My alternative to CaH

Post by BlackDouglasOK » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:59 am

Initially CaH was my favorite aspect of BFME, but it is well known that these heroes are very unbalanced and are often an affront to Lore. Also lately I realized that I only think of my hero when I recruit him and I end up ignoring the abilities and utilities of other heroes.
I know that CaH is at the bottom of the to-do list, but I also know that many want to see this feature implemented in reforged and I came up with a lore friendly solution and at the same time allow you to customize your hero. As the elves are the following I would like to suggest "Elladan or Elrohir"
A player can customize the twins as one in case two players from the good side are on the same map; one will create Elladan and the other Elrohir. Although his physical appearance is restricted his heritage would allow a wide noldor, galadhrim or ranger personalization.
The powers I suggest for a player to choose from are: Leadership as Noldor's heir or Hador's heir, Toggle Weapon, Blade Master, Wounding / Golden Arrow, Athelas, Elven Cloak/Stealth, Train archers, Practice swords (Give melee troops XP), Mount, Cavalry Charge (small Glorious Charge or Wind Rider like), Grey Company (Summon allies), small version of Arrow Wind and Truesight (See hidden troops)
Last edited by BlackDouglasOK on Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loyd

Re: My alternative to CaH

Post by Loyd » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:28 am

From my point of view it is useless to bother with this. Moreover, the creation of one's own character aka the creation of one's own hero would be quite broken in my opinion. First of all, the heroes created were really in bfme, and I think it would be best if they were allowed against AI. Another reason is that going with your own created hero against a rookie would be a little eh

It's just an opinion, but people want to create heroes ,so hopefully we'll see her in the future now but something else is a priority

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:47 am

I like the idea of having customazible lore characters replacing the CaHs.

BlackDouglasOK

Post by BlackDouglasOK » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:58 pm

Loyd wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:28 am
It's just an opinion, but people want to create heroes ,so hopefully we'll see her in the future now but something else is a priority
I know that CaH is not a priority, I just want to keep the idea fresh.
Lostir wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:47 am
I like the idea of having customazible lore characters replacing the CaHs.
Yeah, my main problem with CaH is why I need to buy Aragorn II Elessar son of Arathorn and Heir of Isisldur when I have xxxUrukMasterKillerxxx that is more useful.

Since Mordor continues and not to leave the twins alone this is my second suggestion, The Ringwraith. Since there are seven unknown Nazgul, I suggest that five or six go together and a seventh be customizable, taking into account the standard nazgul uniform or those Dol Guldur armors.
The powers I suggest are the following: Mount or Fellbeats, Screech, Morgul Dart, Wraith form (temporarily invulnerability), Ancient King (Give XP), Ancient Warrior (Blade Master), Ancient Sorcerer (Dark magic blast) and Lieutenant of Carchost / Narchost / Cirith Ungol / Durthang (diferent dread visage abilities)
I have other suggestions such as Thorin III or some Orc / Uruk captain, but the ones I suggested are better examples.

Loyd

Post by Loyd » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:07 pm

Yup i see your point